Denon AH-7200
Dec 21, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #2,296 of 3,156
I realized the noise when I just picked them up and put it on my head. I heard it when using normally. You can see in the video when I am not shaking them and just placing them down and upwards around ~20 sec mark. Also when I am moving each cup slowly the right side seems to touch metal to metal and required an extra push, around ~9 sec mark.

Not sure if I should keep these.

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #2,297 of 3,156
I realized the noise when I just picked them up and put it on my head. I heard it when using normally. You can see in the video when I am not shaking them and just placing them down and upwards around ~20 sec mark. Also when I am moving each cup slowly the right side seems to touch metal to metal and required an extra push, around ~9 sec mark.

To be fair you are correct, the earpads on mine have no movement within the arms except the in and out movement they are designed to do.

Mine do squeak slightly where the arms are allowed to twist (front to back) if I move them but this will just be a clearance issue and doesn't have any effect in normal use as once they are on the head they don't move.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #2,300 of 3,156

open them up, and see if the hinge screw is in tight enough, or missing the oring

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #2,301 of 3,156
Not sure if it is worth the time and effort to attempt a fix. Also think I might break something. Seller offered $50 refund for issue.

I am also able to return for a refund if I want. I will search some youtube videos and see if any instructions available that would sway me towards a fix.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #2,302 of 3,156
Wow now I realize this item was opened before, for a mod or maybe a repair?

Was very lightly circling my hand around the ear pad to even see if they are removable, and the plastic ring on the R side very easily popped up slightly, with just a gently tug on the ear pad side. This is also the side that has more noise. Dude who sold it to me was not telling me the truth. Advertised as a mint condition item, that he was original owner.

This has clearly been opened and tampered with. Maybe the person lost the o-rings like you stated earlier. I have no idea.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #2,304 of 3,156
Just read the first post.... where’s my apple remote and mic????

It was never announced with a remote and mic, except here. :wink:

Noone cares for, i guess. :)
And imo it isn't necessary for a headphone used at home mostly.

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #2,305 of 3,156
Question for all the brave souls who have opened up the babies. What number is on the back of your drivers? One of my pairs are bith marked 7, the other pair has a 7, and a 5. Just curious

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,308 of 3,156
Hi all,
excuse me for repeating for those following the SR25 thread.
i bought myself a little Christmas present. A Fiio A5 portable headphone amp. It has excellent reviews but was recently discontinued. I saw some new ones being sold by a UK ebay seller and ordered it just before Brexit. At 125 euros it is a bargain in my opinion.
i must say that my favourite set up is still Sr25 line out to my old and reliable Denon PMA1500 stereo amp to my Denon Ah-d7200 Headphones.
Now the combination of the Sr25 line out and the Fiio A5 is a strong second position. The SR25 directly to the Denon Ah-D7200 sounds amazing. The Fiio A5 amp brings it a bit further. There is a clear improvement, specially separation between instruments and also the feel of sound power. All in all very happy with the purchase. No noise at all. In particular for the Denon they scale up beautifully and they do like the added power, or better said, I do like the resulting sound.
I will probably continue listening to the SR25 directly most of the time either with the Denons or with my Etymotic ER4XR but the little amp gives me a bit more to continue digging the music and I will certainly use it specially for attentive listening. I include a pic.
ABC21444-00E9-4F23-909E-09B6697F4DCD.jpeg

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #2,310 of 3,156
I was looking at the 9200 along with a few other closed-backs but I think I'm going to get the 7200 because besides saving $600 I don't think the difference in SQ is worth it after the reviews I've seen. I think they'll be a great pairing with my gear as well so I'm looking forward to getting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back