Denon AH-7200
Jan 17, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #136 of 3,155

Opened massdrop account but closed it soon as realized no PayPal. Never use credit card anywhere unless emergency and then only select airlines and rental cars. Restaurants and hotels cash only and that's what people I knew in credit card security department advised to me. It's not a matter of if but when a credit card will be compromised.

Well i'm guessing that security counsel lives under a rock for UV protection. lol. You're credit card is covered by the Co in which it was provided from. There is no risk. You can be hacked any time if you're a target. It's silly to live so paranoid.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #139 of 3,155
   You're credit card is covered by the Co in which it was provided from. There is no risk. You can be hacked any time if you're a target. It's silly to live so paranoid.

Yeah most everyone knows you're covered. Problem is it's a hassle to change card, change all your charge accounts attached to compromised card and know plenty who've done it more than once. Don't have to be a target to be compromised. Credit card and identity theft is enormous problem, and just because credit card companies cover most cases of cardholder fraud does not mean they don't pass the costs incured from fraud though the system which eventually raises the costs for all of us. My point was massdrop payment through PP would mean less risk for payers although it would cost massdrop more to use PP for payments. I wouldn't throw word "paranoid" around about credit card security, paranoia is a mental condition. I spoke to being wary and risk averse of which anyone with half a brain is when it comes to their personal finances.

but (as Khan noted) Massdrop very clearly has paypal.  It's right there smack dab in the middle of the screen as an option when you go to joing the drop?  I've paid using both credit and paypal with massdrop (had a credit on paypal once, so it was just easier to use it on a drop than it was to transfer it back to my bank acct).

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #143 of 3,155

Anyone have an opportunity to check these out yet?

I haven't yet, though I wouldn't mind checking them out.  I've got an AH-D7000 and an AH-D7100 here for comparison, and I think it'd be interesting to do a three-way multi-generational shoot-out.

But I think I stick with the Astell&Kern t5p (good lows, closed...) unless someone has  a better tip.
It is specially for electro, wave, rock,...

I've got that here as well, so maybe a four-way shoot-out?

Jan 17, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #144 of 3,155
Just a note for political correctness: the title of this thread should be Denon AH-D7200 instead of Denon AH-7200.

Denon USA has had the D7200 on their website for a little while, but they have no stock yet. The price is listed as $999.00. In my opinion the price should be more like $799. I think Denon is trying to use the past popularity of the D7000 to justify the $999.00 price.

Look at the Massdrop Fostex models. $399 for mahogany, $449 for purpleheart, and $499 for Ebony; E-MU Teak for $499; Fostex TH610 for $549.00. Now I agree the D7200 has a nicer looking build quality to the frame, earpads, and headband pad, but I don't think that justifies the large price difference between them and the others mentioned above. I will be watching for reviews, but personally I will have to wait for a used pair or maybe an Amazon open box deal.

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #147 of 3,155
  Just a note for political correctness: the title of this thread should be Denon AH-D7200 instead of Denon AH-7200.

Denon USA has had the D7200 on their website for a little while, but they have no stock yet. The price is listed as $999.00. In my opinion the price should be more like $799. I think Denon is trying to use the past popularity of the D7000 to justify the $999.00 price.

Look at the Massdrop Fostex models. $399 for mahogany, $449 for purpleheart, and $499 for Ebony; E-MU Teak for $499; Fostex TH610 for $549.00. Now I agree the D7200 has a nicer looking build quality to the frame, earpads, and headband pad, but I don't think that justifies the large price difference between them and the others mentioned above. I will be watching for reviews, but personally I will have to wait for a used pair or maybe an Amazon open box deal.

I'm going to guess that $999 will will be the MSRP, with $799 being price we get through retailers and BF sales? One can hope... Guess this may not even depend if it's a true Denon can, or a Fostex re-badge and tweak. I just know I love love love my d5k, d7k, and TH900.

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #149 of 3,155
I'm going to guess that $999 will will be the MSRP, with $799 being price we get through retailers and BF sales? One can hope... Guess this may not even depend if it's a true Denon can, or a Fostex re-badge and tweak. I just know I love love love my d5k, d7k, and TH900.

Some companies have more strict control on MSRP. Denon's $999 MSRP is actually polite by today's standard if you compare the price of flagship models... Yes Audeze and HIFIMAN, I'm talking about you.
D7100 had a pretty sloppy launch with people questioning it's asking price.
And a sad news, it seems like D7200's shipment has been delayed. I was so excited :/

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #150 of 3,155
Some companies have more strict control on MSRP. Denon's $999 MSRP is actually polite by today's standard if you compare the price of flagship models... Yes Audeze and HIFIMAN, I'm talking about you.
D7100 had a pretty sloppy launch with people questioning it's asking price.
And a sad news, it seems like D7200's shipment has been delayed. I was so excited :/

Ah crap...I think I was almost, ALMOST, as excited as you were... Hmm, for this delay, you may have to do an unboxing PLUS a review :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back