Denon ADH-2000 carrying case
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #32 of 37

Quote:

Heya,

Yea man, they are awesome. I even take my Denons out on the water when I Kayak thanks to Pelican cases.

Very best,

Off topic, MalVeaux id it me or are your D7k a different colour? Did you stain the cups?

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #35 of 37
Just in case anybody was wondering:

I think it's a perfect, except for one thing-- which might be rather troublesome and important over time.  The stress reliefs at the bottom of the cups hit the edge of the foam cutout in such a way that it forces the (stiff) cables of the D2000 to be bent relatively sharp-- which could cause stress over time that can lead to tears in the cable's fiber covering.  A little bit of carving out in the foam in those area would most likely minimize any cause for concern.  

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #36 of 37

Quote:
Just in case anybody was wondering:

I think it's a perfect, except for one thing-- which might be rather troublesome and important over time.  The stress reliefs at the bottom of the cups hit the edge of the foam cutout in such a way that it forces the (stiff) cables of the D2000 to be bent relatively sharp-- which could cause stress over time that can lead to tears in the cable's fiber covering.  A little bit of carving out in the foam in those area would most likely minimize any cause for concern.  

Thanks for the review; a slight inconvenience, but since the case is much cheaper...

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #37 of 37
bring this thread back from the dead. I can confirm that with some cutting of the foam they fit the denon dx0000 cans just fine.

cutting involved:
1 - removed the foam where the cables connect to the cups, so that the connection doesn't press right up against the foam.
2 - cut out a rectangular portion in the middle so that I can also store my fiio e17 securely and safely.

possible additions: cutting out space to store an ipod or similar music player for fully portable music goodness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back