Denon ADH-2000 carrying case
Apr 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #19 of 37
The 1450 is a good deal bigger, my Burson AH-160D even fits in it with room to spare. That said the foam is solid enough, I think, that you could carve it to shape instead of picking out each block individually.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #20 of 37
i would prob buy the pelican 1450, one question, i know it has the pickn pull foam but is there another way i can customise the foam to fit with the Denon perfectly so there is protection?

Yes, It has the pick and pluck foam but it's in 1cm blocks so you can get pretty precise when picking the foam out. You can also glue parts of foam back in to make it even more snug. Use rubber cement for this. It works really well and you can remove it later without destroying the foam. I used a streak knife to cut the foam at different depths if that's needed.

I believe they also sell solid foam inserts so you can carve out a specific shape...but you'd have to order that separately

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #21 of 37
Heya,

Yea man, they are awesome. I even take my Denons out on the water when I Kayak thanks to Pelican cases.

Very best,

Sweet....
Now that's some serious Hi-Fi..ing....if I can put a name to it haha

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #23 of 37

Quote:
It's his desert island headphone.

Shell mound islands in the Gulf of Mexico actually. 
tongue_smile.gif

Very best,

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 37

Quote:

Quote:
+1 for the Pelican cases. I got a 1450 for whatever I want to bring at any given time and a 1300 for my D7000. Fits them like a glove.

wouldn't these cases put stress on the cable where it meets the earcups? looks like these smaller cases would only work for cans with removable cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back