Denon 751 vs. 710? Comparison? Worth the upgrade?
Jan 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
Link HERE!

I've read reviews that they sound better than the 751's which I currently own, and was thinking of getting them.

My question is:
-I bought the 751's not long ago for a cheeky £50 from the same site!

-They sound amazing after burn-in. Only thing that's bugging me, is the clarity.
-Highs and lows aren't that great. Although bass is: "that's what I'm talking about son" type :p!

Thus is it worth paying £90 for these ones? Will i hear the difference? More so, would y'all recommend them? Bare in mind the price....*cough cough Westone and shure products...*

Look at my signature to see the earphones I've heard/sold.
-Heard the ibeats by dr dre...nothing special and overpriced 
-Heard the W3's well out of my budget but sounded great
-Heard the se530's and preferred the W3's

I'm not looking to spend over £100, and was looking for an upgrade. Impulse buy more like :)

Thanks for reading and posting your thoughts!

Regards,
Chris

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 19
I have C700 and C551, but I haven't heard the C710 so I really can't comment on that. I don't know where the C710 stands in the Denon's family but I am guessing that C710 and C751/700 are about the same level (C7xx > C5xx > C3xx).

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #5 of 19
Indeed it is, however the 700 got replaced by the 751's then the 751's got discontinued and replaced by the 710's.

I have the 751's and thus was wondering if it was a worthy upgrade.
I know that If you had the 700's and wanted to upgrade to the 751's it was useless as it was a revamp.

But the 710's are different.
I've read the things on head-fi + reviews on the web...but wanted some more personal info, possibly a better comparison? :)

I know Mark on head-fi much prefers the 751's but that's because his ears are quite sensitive :p hehe!

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
You did let me demo them!
However saying that I can't remember how they sounded exactly. I remember they sounded good though!
But worth it? I don't know! They are a t a killer price though!!! £90!
Quote:
havent you heard the 710?

but as you say i prefer the 751

I was offered a pair for $250 NZD but I went for the SCL2 for the same price, the store owner preferred the 751 but I found it a tad tinny.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #10 of 19
indeed mark :D!
I'm really tempted to buy them, if i don' like them, I could sell them for a minimal loss too!
That even includes selling the 751's as you can't get them cheaper than £65, whilst I paid £53 due to  your recommendation mark!

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 19
lol what i mean is that my current earphones are fine and they aren't broken so to speak. I've only had them for 3months, and was wondering if getting a new set such as the 710's would benefit me. In other words will I prefer their sound or not. And is it worth paying £90 for them or not? If it's too expensive what else compares in that price range ad so on.

Quote:
need?

im not sure i understand what you mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back