Denim-Fi
Jun 15, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #47 of 79
Goofy. Instead of the $700 pants I think I'd buy $30 jeans and put the remaining $670 towards a larger downpayment on a new SLK350

Jun 16, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #48 of 79
Levi 505's. Basically the 501's with a zipper fly.

Jun 16, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #49 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goofy. Instead of the $700 pants I think I'd buy $30 jeans and put the remaining $670 towards a larger downpayment on a new SLK350

Deciding to spend the money on a fashion accessory that's more insurable I guess? heh

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #51 of 79
I got a pair of blue H&M as beaters, black diesel from... 5 years ago and a recent pair of APC raw.

I prefer to buy one nice pair that will last (diesel one has been worn 200 times and still looks in good condition) then 5 ****ty ones that will rip because of key rubbing or simply because of flaws in the making. And I really meant ONE pair as can be seen my by my very rare buying of jeans.

The APC are a beauty though.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #53 of 79
Levi's Capital E and PaperDenimCloth jeans.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone ever hear of Naked and Famous denim? They've got some cool styles and don't appear to be too overpriced.

I have seen them in stores. Actually met a representative when we both happened to be in a store at the same time and he started chatting it up.

quality is definitely solid in terms of material and construction. In that price range though I think APC still edges out as the better value however. On the other hand, Naked and Famous has more or at least different styles than APC does.
Wouldn't be a bad choice by any means though, especially if you like how they fit.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #55 of 79
I've heard good things about the Dior, made in japan, jeans.

Was curious how edwin was for jeans. I kind of want to pick up some selvage+button fly's. But price wise, I'd prefer to spend less.

And for southern california weather, some of the heavier denim might be too thick for my comfort. Any recs?

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #56 of 79
these days i go with either Gap or Old Navy jeans, they seem to fit me better and last as long as any pair of Levi's i ever owned. i have a few pairs of Old Navy jeans that are just getting some wear holes after 6 years of use, that's insane lasting qualities.

I would try to have my Jeans Tailored maybe but any pair of Jeans that cost more the $70 is nuts to me, if you buy three pairs of $200 jeans you could have a nice set of hand made Santoni shoes and money left over for some Levi's instead. Jeans are only a canvas where the Shoes, Belt, Watch, and shirt is the paint to me.

but what ever floats your boat i guess
beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #57 of 79
I tend to stick to cheap Jeans and blow all my money on shirts and stilettos

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #58 of 79
I like Levi's 501 Capital E / Premium. The soft denim is quite comfortable. Is it true that Levi's don't make them anymore or they aren't made in America anymore ?

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #59 of 79
I had a pair of diesels that I rocked a lot, they were the only jeans that fit me right, cuz im a slim dude. Recently picked up a pair of hugo boss jeans and gotta say they fit me even better than the diesels are that soft kinda denim and are starting to get an awesome fade. Really like them, I use them more than the diesels, but they are a darker denim, my diesels are a bit lighter.

I tend to wash my jeans every five wears unless they are unusually dirty, but I try to be clean with everything I do.

Dave

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #60 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luxury designer jeans?!?!?! Whats next, designer athletic socks?

Ever worn Nike Dri-Fit socks or NBA socks? They're great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back