Dec 12, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #962 of 1,025
My setup as below.

1. streamer to hermes via USB
2. hermes to terminator 2 via I2s
2. terminator 2 back to hermes via 2xBNC
3. terminator 2 to preamp via XLR
4. preamp to poweramp via XLR
5. power amp to speaker

on 4/12/22, my terminator 2 can’t receive any signal from Hermes, i reset everything from the beginning as per the guide i found from the website & its works. FYI i did the same when i first received the hermes & it works until 4/12. But from 7/12, the same problem happen again, no sound. everything worked well from 4/12 to 6/12 & i didnt change anything on my setup/setting. Even if i turn off my hermes' clock still no sound. only way is to bypass hermes by conneting my steamer directly to terminator 2.

May i know whats wrong on my setup? or it is due to any faulty on hermes? Did any encountered the same with me? Emailed Vinshine few days but no response at all.

Dec 12, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #964 of 1,025
My setup as below.

5. power amp to speaker

on 4/12/22, my terminator 2 can’t receive any signal from Hermes, i reset everything from the beginning as per the guide i found from the website & its works. FYI i did the same when i first received the hermes & it works until 4/12. But from 7/12, the same problem happen again, no sound. everything worked well from 4/12 to 6/12 & i didnt change anything on my setup/setting. Even if i turn off my hermes' clock still no sound. only way is to bypass hermes by conneting my steamer directly to terminator 2.

May i know whats wrong on my setup? or it is due to any faulty on hermes? Did any encountered the same with me? Emailed Vinshine few days but no response at all.
Did you email to "sales@vinshine audio.com"?

Dec 12, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #965 of 1,025
My setup as below.

5. power amp to speaker

Try to change I2S with different input cable ,like optical .

Jan 8, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #967 of 1,025
I have an Ares 2, which I bought brand new in 2020. Has very few hours on it because it simply lacks the "PRaT" of my $40 Chinese TDA1305 "Fever" dac.
With A2, I tried all the NOS/OS and filter combos. The sound is cleaner and more focused than the $40 Fever. But fails to excite and engage. Not good for electronic trance music ... and many other genres. The problems with having all those R's in the discrete R2R (Denafrips, et al) topology, is that it takes speed of light (c) TIME for the signal to make it thru those long traces. Me thinks that is what slows the music down, robin it of pace and drive.

Jan 8, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #968 of 1,025
Hi guys, any of you can tell will there be any SQ difference when hook up with ddc GAIA vs Hermes to Tplus with clk sync from tplus?
I do not believe so, the main material difference between the two other than aesthetics and build finesse is the clock. If you use clock out - as I do with my TII and Hermes - i suspect you can save your money from a Gaia upgrade. I believe Alvin at Vinshine has expressed something similar also…

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #970 of 1,025
I surmise it’s a tricky question to answer. I for one have the original Terminator, no upgrade to the firmware, the DSP board has been updated.
I also have the original Pontus, it has the DNA and soul of the original Terminator. When I compared, my reactions were thinking I made a mistake and should have stayed with the Pontus. It still has that soulful feeling, however that’s more or less distortion. It just makes music, and not overly analytical.

The Terminator simply demands more, its window is just larger and revealing while still retaining its form. Once I made some changes upstream it was a quantum leap. Moving up the line really intrigues me as well.

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #971 of 1,025
I do not believe so, the main material difference between the two other than aesthetics and build finesse is the clock. If you use clock out - as I do with my TII and Hermes - i suspect you can save your money from a Gaia upgrade. I believe Alvin at Vinshine has expressed something similar also…

I had both the Gaia and Hermes syned to my Tplus ... I returned the Gaia to Alvin.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #972 of 1,025
Wrong chat 🙏

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #974 of 1,025

Yes, I recall Alvin saying the same thing re: Hermes v. Gaia. For me, my TII is silver but the Hermes only comes in black so... I got a Gaia.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #975 of 1,025
Yes, I recall Alvin saying the same thing re: Hermes v. Gaia. For me, my TII is silver but the Hermes only comes in black so... I got a Gaia.

Make sense then .. aesthetic is also key to satisfaction of a nice hifi setup 🥳🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back