Denafrips Artemis
Aug 20, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #106 of 205
In my case 24 steps with my 32 ohm headphones is really adequate, I typically use between 3-7 clicks depending of the recording level, I never felt falling between two clicks volume wise.
Thanks, what sonic traits do you like most on the Artemis and any area you wish was better? Is it worth tje asking price in your opinion?

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #107 of 205
Thanks, what sonic traits do you like most on the Artemis and any area you wish was better? Is it worth tje asking price in your opinion?
It's very musical, compared to the Violectric V100, V200 and Singxer SA-1 that I previously owned, the Artemis was a major step forward in terms of soundstage and musicality. Never had a chance to compare the Artemis to amps such as GSX-Mini. Would be curious to hear both the GSX-Mini and the new Mjolnir 3. But as it is right now I don't plan to change the amp, most likely will upgrade headphones for the Yamaha YH-5000se that I heard at a local audio show.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #108 of 205
It's very musical, compared to the Violectric V100, V200 and Singxer SA-1 that I previously owned, the Artemis was a major step forward in terms of soundstage and musicality. Never had a chance to compare the Artemis to amps such as GSX-Mini. Would be curious to hear both the GSX-Mini and the new Mjolnir 3. But as it is right now I don't plan to change the amp, most likely will upgrade headphones for the Yamaha YH-5000se that I heard at a local audio show.
Yeah, I am debating on my next headphone amp. Was looking at Artemis, GSX mini, and Mjolnir3. All at different price points and have their attraction. Artemis looks like a good potential since I have Denafrips Pontus2 and Hermes 12th, so keeping it all one brand might have synergy. MJ3 is new and interesting and also most affordable. GSX mini is somewhere in between with a good reputation and safe choice.

What front end sources/dacs are you pairing with the Artemis? Does Artemis provide highly resolving details along with its musicality?

Aug 21, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #109 of 205
I am pairing the Artemis with the Gustard R26 DAC, I find it a good match, detail retrieval is good and works well with any recording types and quality. Last spring I went to a local audio show and heard amps such as Holo Bliss KTE and T+A HA200. The HA200 was about 10% more refined and neutral but is like 4 times the price of the Artemis. I prefer the Artemis over the Bliss, more refined and even sounding. I also heard the Dcs Lina Stack, that provides an outstanding sound texture and presentation but as a stack that is10x the price of the Artemis. I don't feel the need to change the Artemis. Mind you I changed the fuses inside the Artemis for synergistic research purple, that helped providing more neutrality and details. My weak point is my headphones T1.3 but I keep them because they have an incredible 3D imaging and work well with bad quality recordings. I'll keep them and buy the Yamaha YH-5000se to pair with good recordings.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #110 of 205
I agree.
I changed the Violectric V281 for the Artemis and the improved detail retrieval and sheer naturalness of the sound was noticeable.
But bear in mind that being pure class A it will struggle to power a Susvara etc.
It was voiced using the Sennheiser HD800 (not sure whether original or “s” but guess it was “s”) as a reference.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #111 of 205
Thanks guys for your feedback. Do you think the 10 ohm output impedance is not ideal to pair with a 32 ohm Arya v2?

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #112 of 205
Thanks guys for your feedback. Do you think the 10 ohm output impedance is not ideal to pair with a 32 ohm Arya v2?
My Beyer T1.3 are 32ohm and work great on the Artemis, between 1 and 9 clicks (out of 24 and I am using balanced input and output) depending of recording level and on how loud I want. On an average it's usually 4th click.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #113 of 205
How hot does the Artemis gets when turned on like for 8 hours or more?

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #115 of 205
Aug 22, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #117 of 205
I don’t have a thermometer but it is uncomfortable to the touch.
In my case it takes about 2 hours of runtime before being uncomfortable to the touch. It sits on my desk without anything above it.

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #119 of 205
Hi, I was looking to go with the Ares II 12th DAC, but now looking at getting both the Artemis and Pontus II 12th DAC. Currently has Sennheiser's HD700 cans but look to get the HD800S at a later date.

The question I have though concerning the Artemis is does it come with a remote control? Oddly enough I can find that info anywhere. Also haven't found a downloadable owner's manual for the Artemis.

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #120 of 205
Hi, I was looking to go with the Ares II 12th DAC, but now looking at getting both the Artemis and Pontus II 12th DAC. Currently has Sennheiser's HD700 cans but look to get the HD800S at a later date.

The question I have though concerning the Artemis is does it come with a remote control? Oddly enough I can find that info anywhere. Also haven't found a downloadable owner's manual for the Artemis.

Thanks.
There are no remote for the Artemis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back