Denafrips Artemis
Oct 8, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #62 of 205
R26 is a new one to me. Will check it out.
Curious as to why you went with that R2R solution vs continuing with the Denafrips line given you have the Artemis?
Was initially aiming at eventually getting a Venus DAC but after reading a few reviews of the R26 I decided to give it a shot, sounds fantastic and is a great value.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #63 of 205
I don't know if any Artemis owners have tried different fuses yet but yesterday I swapped the stock fuses for a pair of Synergistic Research Purple fuses. Neutrality, clarity and soundstage have nicely improved. Worth trying in my opinion and they have a 30-day money back option.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #65 of 205
Ah, interesting! There are no fuse in their DAC, at least in the Pontus, Venus or Terminator, so nothing we roll there :)
Neither in my Gustard R26 or else I would have had done the same treatment for sure ! 😄

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #66 of 205
Neither in my Gustard R26 or else I would have had done the same treatment for sure ! 😄
Isn't it just between the iec & power switch on the R26? (#13 on the image)
1666443783596.png

On topic-ish. I've had one Denafrips item that required fuses, and it responded substantially to a fuse upgrade. I think I switched from stock to Hifi Tuning Supremes at the time. Using SR Purples everywhere I can now to excellent effect, and would think they'd synergize well with Denafrips components.

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #67 of 205
Isn't it just between the iec & power switch on the R26? (#13 on the image)
1666443783596.png

On topic-ish. I've had one Denafrips item that required fuses, and it responded substantially to a fuse upgrade. I think I switched from stock to Hifi Tuning Supremes at the time. Using SR Purples everywhere I can now to excellent effect, and would think they'd synergize well with Denafrips components.
Ohhh thanks a lot ! I only looked at pictures from the inside and looking at the doc and couldn't find any reference to a fuse. I will have a look. Cheers

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #70 of 205
Yes. Nothing to say about it. Don't hear much tonal difference to the balanced. Not sure about volume or SQ compared to the balanced as the headphones are different.
The Artemis is a fully balanced design so I expect the balanced provides the best results.
Thanks. Most of my usage will be balanced as well but I do have some hard-wired single-ended cans that ideally, I won't need (want) a separate amp for.

Nov 7, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #71 of 205
I noticed that my 6-month old Artemis was no longer getting warm while playing but still sounding fine, I popped the cover and sure enough one capacitor is dark and popped. Awaiting to hear back from support.

Nov 8, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #72 of 205
I noticed that my 6-month old Artemis was no longer getting warm while playing but still sounding fine, I popped the cover and sure enough one capacitor is dark and popped. Awaiting to hear back from support.
Annoying. Alvin has a good rep for support. Hoping you get a solution quickly. A cap should be fairly easy to replace.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #73 of 205
Im currently demoing a denafrips artemis amp, using the pontus 2 as dac via rca (no xlr yet). First impression was that it was super dark and bassy. Like changing the sound of the headphones too much. Lets see after some burn in. Initial impression was surprising. Headphones use were the zmf atrium and hd800s with nordost heimdall 2 cabling.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #75 of 205
Im currently demoing a denafrips artemis amp, using the pontus 2 as dac via rca (no xlr yet). First impression was that it was super dark and bassy. Like changing the sound of the headphones too much. Lets see after some burn in. Initial impression was surprising. Headphones use were the zmf atrium and hd800s with nordost heimdall 2 cabling.
I had the same experience using the Artemis with the Beyerdynamic T1.3. The Artemis became more neutral with better bass control after 300 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back