DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Mar 25, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #635 of 3,907
Anyone here is from Germany? I ordered one and I am wondering about the duty...

In most EU countries it`s customs tax + vat = approx 20-25% of total if you didn`t use another methods for optimizing tax :))
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Good! It looks the same as mine.

My Ares came with cones like under your DAC-8
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My Ares is still running-in so I will look under the hood sometimes later....

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #638 of 3,907
Does anyone know the purpose of the standby button on this particular DAC?  Does it reduce power consumption?  Loving mine :) 

Yes power consumption is minimal when it's in standby mode.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #639 of 3,907
I've spent the whole weekend listening to this DAC.....it really is exceptional.  The Ares is highly musical, yet accurate (at least to my ears) and I think it might be better than the Audio-gd ref 7 + Singxer F1 that I had previously.

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #641 of 3,907
  I've spent the whole weekend listening to this DAC.....it really is exceptional.  The Ares is highly musical, yet accurate (at least to my ears) and I think it might be better than the Audio-gd ref 7 + Singxer F1 that I had previously.

I agree that the Ares is musical yet accurate. The timbre of the instruments and the separation is great. When certain parts of the music get busy, it still manages to keep the details , timbre and separation.

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #645 of 3,907
Is anyone else finding this DAC benefits from some burn-in?  I was seriously impressed with the Ares when it first arrived, but after a couple of weeks it seems to be even better.  Maybe I'm imagining it, I don't know!  I don't fully understand the technology being used and whether burn-in would even slightly affect the sound....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back