Dell DJ- why are they not popular?
Jun 27, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 19
It probably doesn't help that you can't handle it in person in stores like Best Buy. With other players, even if you were planning on buying it online, you could go to a local Best Buy, Circuit City, or whatever and fool around with a demo unit or two to see if you really like it or not.

Jun 27, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by wahoox2
True. However, remember that the Ipod was a huge seller even before you could buy it at brick and mortar stores regularly. For a while, you had to buy it from Apple direct, and it still sold better than everything else.

yes....but at that point in time, it really had no 'real' competition, so to speak, from a size point of view.

Jun 28, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #18 of 19
its hip to get the iPod. most people dont know much about any other player. I've never seen anyone with any other HD-MP3 player other than an iPod (due to heavy advertisement and slick looks) or an Archos (most likely because they used to be the first ones to come out with the newest stuff).

When i have my iHP everyone asks "is that an iPod?" EVEN PEOPLE WHO OWN iPODS! i just dont think that the general public bothers to consider anything else. lucky for them the iPod is as solid as it is.

Jun 29, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
It probably doesn't help that you can't handle it in person in stores like Best Buy. With other players, even if you were planning on buying it online, you could go to a local Best Buy, Circuit City, or whatever and fool around with a demo unit or two to see if you really like it or not.

I think this is the real reason. I have a 40gig iPod and am looking for a player for my wife. I don't really want to drop a ton of money on another iPod, but am hesitant about the Dell because I can't hold it or listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back