Delicious yet nutritious breakfast meals?
Aug 10, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #31 of 39
I used to eat a bowl of plain oatmeal/rolled oats with a scoop of whey protein powder for flavoring. Now it's just whole-wheat or high-fiber/low sugar cereals, mainly.

Aug 10, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #32 of 39
I've been big on black coffee for the last 50 years.
confused.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #33 of 39
3-egg omelette, with Swiss Cheese, and bacon bits, Pace Chipotle salsa, and tabasco chipotle hot sauce to heat it up, two slices of multi-grain bread, with butter and strawberry or seville marmalade. a Quart of PGtips tea with milk and honey.

Yesterday, a big Yakisoba noodle, with diced and fried SPAM added, and some Tabasco Chipotle sauce to heat it up...a Quart of PGTips tea, with milk and honey....

The day before, Chilaquiles (tortillas, torn up in a bowl with a lid, two eggs, chorizo sausage that has been fried up and drained, some grated cheddar, lots pf Pace Chipotle salsa, with some tabasco Chipotle hot sauce to heat it up), a Quart of Jasmine green tea, with milk and honey...

The day before that, three eggs, three waffles, 100% real maple syrup, Three strips of maple cured thick cut farmer's hickory smoked bacon, Milk and orange juice, aannnd a Quart of PGTips tea, with milk and honey...

What can I say??? The U.S. IS the land of milk and honey.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
The Weetabix had me curious. I found that you can buy it stateside here:

http://www.englishteastore.com/briti...re-cereal.html

A bit expensive from being imported, though, and we've got a similar cereals over here.

Actually we have a chain of supermarkets here in Massachusetts (and maybe all of New England-I'm not sure) called "Market Basket." They are an average supermarket, not one of those super-expensive "all natural" or whatever ones. They sell Weetabix.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #35 of 39
Any recommendations on something that is fairly easy to prepare in the morning? I find that I'm usually just running out the door for work and don't really have time to sit down or even prepare anything.. If I do bring something its either just a muffin or a banana...

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #36 of 39
Toasted Cinnamon-raisin "english" muffin, with peanut butter - takes 1:30 max.

And reflecting 1911's? post, cold pizza slice and a Dr. Pepper takes 15 seconds - it was my preferred breakfast in college.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #37 of 39
I've done this before, and it's stupid fast to make.

Take an egg, shake it real hard, crack it into a greased coffee cup, pop into the microwave for 30 seconds or so (depending on your microwave), plop the cooked egg onto a piece of toast, add a piece of cheese and you've got a great meal for the road.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #38 of 39
Well, I have two Weetabix biscuits and some milk every morning. I now put a little sugar on top, but for about 2 years I had it with no sugar at all!

In Canada though you can find Weetabix in almost every supermarket you go to. Even the small corner shops carry it.

It's the breakfast of Champions!
wink.gif

(not implying anything here
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #39 of 39
Start with a hard-boiled egg, cut in half, lose the yolk, add a bit of salt, ample pepper, and generous Tabasco; that gets me going, and is easy because I keep a number of boiled eggs in the fridge. Then, start some toast, to which I'll add olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and mix up some oatmeal with plain yogurt and fresh fruit. Add some watered down juice, and I'm good to go.

Anyone else water down their juice? I started drinking 1/2 to 1/3 concentration just to save money, and now find 100% overpowering.

The hardest part is the fruit. Out of season, I'll often just use sweetened yogurt. But, when I find a farmer's market, it's hard not to eat a lot of fruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back