delete me please
Mar 4, 2009 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zantetsuken

100+ Head-Fier
Hi so im thinking of getting this, i would like to know

-> if its decent, good, great, excellent, extraordinary!
-> budget is basically what component i can get for a similar price
-> how much would it cost me if i were to buy a lounge system with the same fidelity.
-> would this be great for a wide range of genre?

->flac->foobar->cambridge Audio MagicDAC->cambridge Audio 540C Amp=>Senn HD650/600

Budgets (prices in AUD): Headphones: $600, DAC: $650, Amp = $650, Music: Priceless

i dont know which headphone to get yet...any help would be great =).

P.S i want to ask i can get a Cambridge 340A Amp for 400, is it worth going for the 540?

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 6
Looks fine. But I don't get how you are willing to spend all this money based on what other people tell you. No one here knows how you hear, and what you will like. It's your decision to make. It's a little weird, honestly. I think I've seen more, tell me what I want threads from you than anyone in the past few weeks now, both headphone and amp forums. It's bizarre IMO. Advice and impressions are meant to be just that, help you think and make a decision for yourself.

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks fine. But I don't get how you are willing to spend all this money based on what other people tell you. No one here knows how you hear, and what you will like. It's your decision to make. It's a little weird, honestly. I think I've seen more, tell me what I want threads from you than anyone in the past few weeks now, both headphone and amp forums. It's bizarre IMO. Advice and impressions are meant to be just that, help you think and make a decision for yourself.

sadly the problem is its very hard to audition stuff, when youve only got choices to buy online. thats why im taking as many options and opinions on board. Besides i had a hear of the HD650 today, and i really like em they sounded absolustely fantastic..but the amp was suggested by the store owner and he didnt have it in stock, and was not getting anymore for a while. and it was a decent price so i thought id ask since i didnt know much bout it.

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 6
^ I know. Same here.
Read a bit more into the differences between DACs and amps. There is loads of information around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back