Dekoni LTD Stellia Pads
May 3, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #31 of 46
Would be interested if anyone could compare these with the Dekoni Elite Sheepskin! I am wondering if it's worth a purchase if I already have those. For both Elegia/Clear.

May 4, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #32 of 46
So these pads are up now at Addicted to Audio (AUS) - $199 AUD...ouch! I am going to do some testing today with my Clear OG and the Elite Sheepskin to see how they go, not sure $200 is gonna be worthwhile upgrade!

May 5, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #33 of 46
So these pads are up now at Addicted to Audio (AUS) - $199 AUD...ouch! I am going to do some testing today with my Clear OG and the Elite Sheepskin to see how they go, not sure $200 is gonna be worthwhile upgrade!
I bought 2 sets direct from Dekoni for $304.87 AUD delivered. They shipped yesterday. Not sure how long they’ll take to arrive.

May 6, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #34 of 46
I bought 2 sets direct from Dekoni for $304.87 AUD delivered. They shipped yesterday. Not sure how long they’ll take to arrive.
Nice! That seems a lot better value. Hopefully not too long a wait! Keen to hear your feedback.

May 6, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #35 of 46
May 12, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #36 of 46
So I bought these out of curiosity and tested them for a few days on the Stellia. They definitely sound more "airy" than the default Stellia pads (I think this is the most fitting description overall), and this does work well for some music. You get an increased sense of instrument separation and it sounds maybe a little bit more neutral, more clear at times, but also with a little bit less "substance" so to speak. I think that it's a big strength of the Stellia with the default pads that they aren't designed to be neutral sounding but instead a bit warmer and overall have a more enjoyable sound. So I see this as a tie between the two... the default pads sound better for some music while the increased airiness and instrument separation of the Dekoni pads sound better for some other music. I still tend to prefer the default pads slightly, but I'd say they're both great. It depends on what you listen to and whether you enjoy more warmth or more neutrality. I will probably use them both in turns depending on mood or music.

So for sound, either are fine as long as you like the general sound signatures that they offer.
Apart from sound, the Dekoni pads seem to "win" more: they seem less soft and so they probably won't deform over time like the default pads do due to the clamp force (this is just an assumption -- it'll take several months to confirm that). And if you regard the individual price, the Dekoni pads also win there... the Stellia default pads cost 250 € as a replacement part, which is insane (it's only cool if you never have to replace them :wink:), the Dekoni pads cost a much more reasonable 100 €.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #38 of 46
Just checking in that you got yours - any impressions so far?
I did. I need to go back and have another listen with the Clear, but initial impressions were I didn't like that pairing at all. They are currently residing on the Radiance, where I found them to be an upgrade over the stock pads. I'll give some better impressions after the weekend when I can test and get my thoughts down.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #39 of 46
On second day with these pads on my Stellias. Love them! It’s for the simple reason that I can now listen for a long time without hurting my earlobes. The extra 4mm of depth is magical in terms of comfort.

Pros:
  • Comfort due to 4mm extra depth
  • Sound isolation even with glasses
  • Enhances ability of Stellias to remain exactly on the position I want them due to “grippier” leather
  • Cooler temperature during long listening sessions. No idea why.
  • Price compared to OEM.
Sound changes are so personal and my time with them limited. But, so far I enjoy the increased soundstage and change in treble. Cannot describe the treble changes. I need more time to figure those out.

Cons:
  • Limited edition meaning I might not be able to replace them in the future.
  • Color is different than the leather on my fresh Stellias.

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #40 of 46
On second day with these pads on my Stellias. Love them! It’s for the simple reason that I can now listen for a long time without hurting my earlobes. The extra 4mm of depth is magical in terms of comfort.

Pros:
  • Comfort due to 4mm extra depth
  • Sound isolation even with glasses
  • Enhances ability of Stellias to remain exactly on the position I want them due to “grippier” leather
  • Cooler temperature during long listening sessions. No idea why.
  • Price compared to OEM.
Sound changes are so personal and my time with them limited. But, so far I enjoy the increased soundstage and change in treble. Cannot describe the treble changes. I need more time to figure those out.

Cons:
  • Limited edition meaning I might not be able to replace them in the future.
  • Color is different than the leather on my fresh Stellias.
Great review. I use these for non-critical listening like during the work day and then switch to other pads when I’m really focused on the music.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #41 of 46
Hey Guys,

Do these pads also work with focal Celestee? Also, some people have said that sound profile improves? How is this possible? What changes?

Thanks

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #42 of 46
Now that these are no longer being made the few vendors that have them in stock are starting to crank up the prices. Past the point of reasonable, imho.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #43 of 46
Now that these are no longer being made the few vendors that have them in stock are starting to crank up the prices. Past the point of reasonable, imho.
Any other replacements for celestee you could recomend?

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #44 of 46
Any other replacements for celestee you could recomend?
I'm not a good source for this as I have a Clear instead of a celestee :frowning2:. Sorry!

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #45 of 46
For me, these pads were all about comfort, not sound. The extra depth avoided my ears touching the metal grills. Unless you have an issue like that, I wouldn’t worry about these particular pads. Yes, there’s a difference in sound but it’s too small to loose sleep over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back