Dekoni Fidelio X2 Choice Pads!
Feb 2, 2021 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68
Dekoni Audio is pumped to present quality earpad replacements for a community-favorite headphone that has gone unserved for too long: the Philips Fidelio X2!

F46F6490-45F1-4D17-8B40-7D7F9D819559.jpeg

Famous for its luxurious build quality, warm big-bass-big-soundstage signature, and affordable price, the X2 and close successor X2HR was popular and recommended as a fun but easy upgrade into the mid-fi category. This nightclub-to-go is very well suited for modern music such as EDM, Rap, and Pop, but also has been adopted by gamers who discovered that the headphone becomes a credible headset with 3rd party cables with integrated boom microphones.

However, one accessory category that never saw much love (but has been highly requested!) has been the earpads. Philips has sold Fidelios with permanently glued on earpads, a mounting system that made a bad seal, oily pads that leave a stain, and replacement pads that have been difficult to find - if they were available at all! Worse, now Philips is discontinuing the X2 in favor of their new X3 model. All that changes, now that Dekoni is here to keep the party going!

1612323275186.png
1612323335255.png

Dekoni’s Choice pads feature the same high-density, ultra slow-rebound memory foam as our more expensive Elite line of pads, for unmatched comfort and durability. Our X2 series pads also use the same peg-mount as the stock pads, but add the option of peeling off the paper backing to expose the 3M adhesive for a hermetic, rattle-free bass seal. If you like the stock velour pads, wait till you try our Choice Suede – a synthetic, vegan material that offers an even softer itch-free feeling. Looking for a different feeling? Choice Leather is a synthetic alternative, with a smooth sheen and incredibly gentle feeling on the skin.

Both Dekoni pads enhance the fun, big bass that is the main draw of the Fidelio series with a very similar sound to each other, so you can choose based on your textile preference. Measurements coming soon to our website’s blog and our Head-Fi thread!

Get sumptuous feeling pads that match the X2’s amazing price to performance ratio with Dekoni Choice pads, available now at Dekoniaudio.com.

sales@dekoniaudio.com | dekoniaudio.com
facebook.com/dekoniaudio | instagram: @dekoniaudio.com

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Feb 3, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 68
Outstanding! :L3000:

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 68
I'm a little concerned with how they affect the treble. The treble with stock pads is already a little spicy, hopefully these pads address that as well.

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #10 of 68
Have you ordered somthing from Drop recently (which arrived)?
How long did it take?
It's been quite a while since the last time (they were still called Massdrop back then), but it took quite a bit. With COVID going on to make things worsee, I'd say it'll be at least bet on a month.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 68
Hey Dekoni, is there any chance that you could make a third version of these that uses VELOUR? Please? Pretty please? I see the graphs of how the sound-signature/frequency-response changes with these pads as opposed to the original stock velour pads, and it looks EXACTLY like what I heard when I used Brainwavz suede pads with my X2HR's: The better comfort comes at the severe cost of bloated bass and low-mids, with sucked-out upper mids and treble, causing the sound to become very dark. I do not like dark-sounding headphones; if that's what I wanted, I wouldn't have gotten the X2HR's, I would have gotten some Meze headphones or something. Those graphs look literally identical to the impression my ears gave me with the Brainwavz suedes, and I found the sound with those was so dark, muffled, and bassy as be absolutely unbearable for me compared to the stock sound. For me, the only advantage of these new offerings compared to the Brainwavz XL Rounds would be that they have the proper mounting mechanism, but I'd still never buy them because I value the original sound-signature of the X2's too much to sacrifice it for comfort.

What I'd really love to see, and I KNOW there are many other owners of the X2's and X2HR's who feel the same way, is proper replacements for the actual original, stock earpads, replacements that change the sound as little as possible. That would mean velour earpads, obviously. So could you please at least consider offering velour pads as an option? I can absolutely guarantee it would be a profitable venture: If you make velour earpads practically identical to the original stock pads, people will buy them up like hotcakes, because what a LOT of X2 owners want are replacements as close to the original stock pads as possible. Heck, the velour on the stock pads isn't very high quality (it can get quite itchy); Dekoni uses a higher-quality velour than that, so while they may not be as comfy as suede or leather, I'm positive that if you guys made velour pads for the X2's, they'll still be more comfortable than the stock pads, but unlike the suede and leather options they will preserve the original/stock sound.

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #12 of 68
Hey Dekoni, is there any chance that you could make a third version of these that uses VELOUR? Please? Pretty please? I see the graphs of how the sound-signature/frequency-response changes with these pads as opposed to the original stock velour pads, and it looks EXACTLY like what I heard when I used Brainwavz suede pads with my X2HR's: The better comfort comes at the severe cost of bloated bass and low-mids, with sucked-out upper mids and treble, causing the sound to become very dark. I do not like dark-sounding headphones; if that's what I wanted, I wouldn't have gotten the X2HR's, I would have gotten some Meze headphones or something. Those graphs look literally identical to the impression my ears gave me with the Brainwavz suedes, and I found the sound with those was so dark, muffled, and bassy as be absolutely unbearable for me compared to the stock sound. For me, the only advantage of these new offerings compared to the Brainwavz XL Rounds would be that they have the proper mounting mechanism, but I'd still never buy them because I value the original sound-signature of the X2's too much to sacrifice it for comfort.

What I'd really love to see, and I KNOW there are many other owners of the X2's and X2HR's who feel the same way, is proper replacements for the actual original, stock earpads, replacements that change the sound as little as possible. That would mean velour earpads, obviously. So could you please at least consider offering velour pads as an option? I can absolutely guarantee it would be a profitable venture: If you make velour earpads practically identical to the original stock pads, people will buy them up like hotcakes, because what a LOT of X2 owners want are replacements as close to the original stock pads as possible. Heck, the velour on the stock pads isn't very high quality (it can get quite itchy); Dekoni uses a higher-quality velour than that, so while they may not be as comfy as suede or leather, I'm positive that if you guys made velour pads for the X2's, they'll still be more comfortable than the stock pads, but unlike the suede and leather options they will preserve the original/stock sound.
I wish I knew or had the means to make my own headphone pads, then I would've made a very unique velour inside the cup, with leather for the rest.. or I would've preserved the leather only for the area touching the skin, leaving velour for the inner and outer rings.. whatever gives the most stock sound signature!

Hey,@DekoniAudio. I hope you're listening and intending to make something out of these suggestions. :wink:

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #13 of 68
I wish I knew or had the means to make my own headphone pads, then I would've made a very unique velour inside the cup, with leather for the rest.. or I would've preserved the leather only for the area touching the skin, leaving velour for the inner and outer rings.. whatever gives the most stock sound signature!

Hey,@DekoniAudio. I hope you're listening and intending to make something out of these suggestions. :wink:

Having leather or suede as the material for the area touching the skin on your head around your ears would still have the effect of bloating the bass and sucking out some mids and treble, regardless of the part inside the cup being velour or not. The issue is that both are much more sheer materials that seal better against the skin than velour, and by creating that better seal than velour, they will change the sound from that with the stock earpads. Our best bet for earpads that preserve the stock sound while being more comfortable is fully-velour earpads, as I said before, and counting on the fact that Dekoni uses a much higher/finer quality velour than the stock earpads use. Velour doesn't have to be itchy and uncomfortable, the issue with the stock pads is that the quality of the velour on them isn't very refined.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 68
Won't be mistaking the durability of real leather.

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #15 of 68
Classic Headfi thread.
step one: company comes out with a product that offers a solution to a problem the community has been complaining about for years
step two: half the posts in the thread are complaints about the new product that they haven't even tried yet.
How about y'all buy a set and see how you like them before you start in with the complaints?
Here's the zeos review if anyone is curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back