Decware CSP-2 vs. EC Zana Deux
May 4, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 7
I did at a Nor-Cal GTG, but sources were radically different. The Zana Deux along with the source which was a greatly modified reel to reel blew away the Decware along with a stock cd transport. The cost difference between the two is not insignificant the EC is quite a bit more expensive. Not sure a straight comparison between the two is appropriate without taking into consideration "bang for the buck"

May 4, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_burke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure a straight comparison between the two is appropriate without taking into consideration "bang for the buck"

When "bang for the buck" is considered a pair of koss KSC75 (bought on sale for ~$12), a coby portable CD player from k-mart, and a couple good CD's is a better system than anything anyone with any amount of money has ever put together.

A straight comparison is totally fair.

May 5, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When "bang for the buck" is considered a pair of koss KSC75 (bought on sale for ~$12), a coby portable CD player from k-mart, and a couple good CD's is a better system than anything anyone with any amount of money has ever put together.

But you didn't supply one
confused_face(1).gif

May 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_burke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did at a Nor-Cal GTG, but sources were radically different. The Zana Deux along with the source which was a greatly modified reel to reel blew away the Decware along with a stock cd transport. The cost difference between the two is not insignificant the EC is quite a bit more expensive. Not sure a straight comparison between the two is appropriate without taking into consideration "bang for the buck"

A killer reel-to-reel deck will crush almost any CD player ever made, no matter the amps.

I have heard the ZD several times and always thought it sounded very good, but to me it doesn't sound all that much better than the CSP-2. Both are highly transparent, and pretty neutral for tube amps. More similar than different in terms of sound, I think. Both excellent, but the CSP-2 is more of a high-value amp.

I am an happy owner of both Decware and Eddie Current gear, FWIW.

May 5, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A killer reel-to-reel deck will crush almost any CD player ever made, no matter the amps.

Agreed. Not even close - totally unfair comparisons.

Nov 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Sorry to bump this old chestnut, but, man... if this isn't a valuable, wise thing to say, then I haven't learned a thing since joining Head-fi. Thanks, nikongod!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back