decoring olives
Jan 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rv5

New Head-Fier
i've went through various threads on olives and decored olives for the re0 but nothing on exactly how. what all do i need? has anyone put a little step by step photograph set together?

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 6
Jan 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Again, no pics, but I cut the foam from the core -- when the core came out, it was fairly clean of black foam.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 6
Yep, cut as close as you can. The exacto is really only necessary in the initial steps. Mark first described the process here. I think there are other descriptions in some of the RE0 threads.

Sep 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks, that guide is very helpful. I went ahead and splurged and got both a pack of sony hybrids and the complys to experiment. Might as well play around and see what works for me since this is my first IEM foray. The general fit and durability of the hybrids is very appealing, but I have to admit not having to be subjected to the top 40 carp droning at the gym has proven to be very nice, so the isolation of the foamies may win out.

I am a complete clutz, so I am not sure I wouldn't end up cutting myself de-coring olives; I'll see if the extra isolation of the foam makes this worthwhile investigating in the future.

Thanks again to everyone for their recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back