Decisions, decisions, decisions
May 13, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #31 of 40
anybody?

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #34 of 40
so have you made up your mind?

Jun 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #35 of 40

Quote:
Doesn't elecctrical engineering require a high level of math & science skills? I'm horrible in both...

Don't let your current experiences with subjects align paths for your future.  You are still capable of finding enjoyment in subjects you never felt good at or were unsuccessful with in the past.

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #36 of 40

Quote:
Don't let your current experiences with subjects align paths for your future.  You are still capable of finding enjoyment in subjects you never felt good at or were unsuccessful with in the past.

+1

I was very good at math and chemistry in high school and was terrible at social studies (it's like history and politcs). I was going to go into engineering but at the last minute decided not too. Tried an introductory class for Sociology and I love it. 

High school really just gets you into university. After you get in you can try anything you want.

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #37 of 40
@customcoco

If you're still not sure which interest you would like to pursue I have some advice I'd like to share with you. I, too, have many interests and I think to make the distinction between just an interest, and what you want to do with your life, you need to ask yourself what you want to do with all the knowledge you will learn in that field.
Do you want to expand that field and discover new things about it? Or maybe you want to teach it to other people because its just so damn interesting?

I used to be a psychology major, but after learning about what the field has to offer and its relevance to society I decided it wasn't for me. I am still interested in discoveries in psychology but it's not what I want to do; it's not how I want to work. 

Basically just try as many things as you can. Interests will remain as only interests but a couple will catch your eye. They will probably be the most challenging but also be the most rewarding.

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #38 of 40
Jeez, I'm sooooo sorry for not replying sooner... school is a pain in the neck! I'm finally out and now have free time! Thank you all for your advice, I appreciate it. Now... I still have no idea what I want to do for a living... music is still a major interest.. but I just don't know..

Jun 11, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #39 of 40
This summer, I will be spending 3 weeks at a university, taking SAT prep classes, english and math classes, and attending lectures. I'm going to take advantage of that and speak with professors and college students (if they're there). Hopefully I can get more opinions/advice.

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #40 of 40
good, keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back