Decision time. 'Just got my iHP-120 new player exchange. Do I sell it?
May 29, 2004 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
If you remember; a few weeks back, I blew up my iRiver iHP-120 MP3 player. iRiver had me send in just the player. I got to keep everything else. I have not really missed it being without it these past few weeks. I know, I could get $300+ for it on eBay. Since; I got to keep all my old accessories, I have an extra remote, headphones, and case; someone would get a sweet deal. Oh; plus an extra ac adapter! Yes. They sent me an entire new sealed package.

I was thinking, I could sell it and buy a much less expensive MP3 CD Player. I would be able to pocket $200, if I did that. My MazdaSpeed also plays MP3 CDs. The only advantage I would have with the IRiver, is on plane trips. But; carrying a few CDs has never been an issue before.

So...................... What to do?

May 29, 2004 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
So...................... What to do?

What?

if you like it and think it's useful, keep it.

if you don't like it or need the money, sell.

May 29, 2004 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 11
Well, AGR is "just thinkning out loud." I would think that he will miss having a nice DAP that can hold a ton of music. Doesn't sound like he really needs the money - lucky guy.

May 29, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
What?

if you like it and think it's useful, keep it.

if you don't like it or need the money, sell.

Now Austin! Is that any way to be (What?)? Ha! How have you been? Do you still have your iHP-140? And; if so; how are you liking it? I have been without the iHP-120 for a few weeks, yes. So; I am considering alternatives. That's all.

'gotta love iRiver's support!

May 29, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGR
Now Austin! Is that any way to be (What?)? Ha! How have you been? Do you still have your iHP-140? And; if so; how are you liking it? I have been without the iHP-120 for a few weeks, yes. So; I am considering alternatives. That's all.

'gotta love iRiver's support!

well, you know me
biggrin.gif

ya still got the 'ol ihp-140. been trying to sell it for weeks but no one wants it for $350 and i'd rather keep it then take less. i could probably use it for mountain biking with the fancy remote but i've been waiting for them to fix the damn hard drive spin-up issue first. basically I'm unhappy with the GUI, controls, and the lack of updates/fixes from iRiver. They promised some new features in May but the month is almost gone and nothing yet...
frown.gif

on the other hand, i've been impressed with the Rio Karma. GUI & EQ are unmatched. gapless playback is hard live without now. love the dock that lights up and pulses to the music.

May 29, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpburton5150
AGR, I can also send in my iHP-120 cus of the paint peeling by the hold switch.... what condition did you get a iHP in? Was it brand new (which I assume because you have all of the acessories) or was it just a referb?

Brand New!

May 30, 2004 at 9:04 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpburton5150
AGR, I can also send in my iHP-120 cus of the paint peeling by the hold switch....

Is that exploitation or what?
blink.gif
Did it arrive this way or did you rub the paint off with your finger?
blink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 30, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 11
no, i didn't peel it off, it just came off naturally and I'm worried it might spread, cus i have read of other paint peeling problems. seriously tho. anyway, ive had an approved return number thingy for like a month now but never gotten around to wipe my player and send it in. c'mon guys im not that bad
cool.gif

May 31, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #11 of 11
I'm keeping it! After much deliberation; it just makes good sense. It's charging up right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back