Deciding to venture out of IEMs and go into full size
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lnvisible

100+ Head-Fier
I've been an IEM maniac for the past few years, but I want to venture out of them and go into full size because this is where all the cool kids roam. I loved IEMs ever since I used Marshmellows (not IEMs, but they brought me into the IEM scene) about 4 years ago, and currently own Turbines, FX500s, and Super.fi 5 EBs.

But enough talk about IEMs, I want to talk full size. I'm a HUGE soundstage and bass fanatic, so those specs would be the first I would look at in deciding on full size phones.

The only music I listen to is Metal (mainly death and metalcore), so the bass drum FEEL and quantity (for me, I prefer quantity JUST over quality, but almost neck and neck), and the 808 bass drops for breakdowns make my ears happy. My source is also a Zune 30GB and I dont have an amp.

For treble, I'm not really that big on it, but I would prefer some very crispy sound when a china cymbol hits.

For isolation, it's just another thing. I'm not sure how well full size isolates (I know I can't hear jack crap if I have my FX500s in, so if I need isolation, I'll just use those) but it's not that big of deal.

For money, I wouldn't want to spend over $175.

So for a recap, read below:

Main selling specs : Bass (very wide range, quantity a tad bit over quality)/Soundstage
Treble : Not important, only really care for a very crisp sound for China cymbols
Isolation : Doesn't matter, be decent though
Money : <=$175
Music listened to: Death/metalcore
Source: Zune 30GB, no amp

I haven't been on this forum in a while, but if there is any other criteria needed for a recommendations, I'm pretty positive I could provide it. Just ask please.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back