Deciding, IE8, q-jays, t.fi10..+ 400$budget
Nov 18, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #16 of 43
The Image X10 is $175 on klipsch.com until Nov. 30th, so if you were still considering them, I'd say go with the half price option.
wink.gif
I know I did.

I'll also agree with others (mainly cn11) that your music choices lend to the idea of bass-heavy or at least bass-responsive phones rather than fully balanced.

I'd say the same and go with either the Triple.fi 10, IE8, or X10.

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, ok. Didn't see that process of elimination there, no worries!
tongue.gif
Still, if bass quality and quantity is of importance, the shures are one to consider IMO.

agreed. too many people class bass as tight or boomy, but IMO bass is only bass if it booms or you feel it, and as you cant feel it with headphones what exactly do you call bass sound!!?? yes thats right its called boom. its all about what headphones boom more that decides the amount of bass present.

but then there is a mark where bass can boom too much detracting from the mids and highs and the se530's bass in no way booms to the point that it takes away mids and highs. so those that say the se530 booms too much hasnt got a clue about bass and how it works.simple as really.

so the point im making is how can the se530 be counted out of the running just because some say IE8 bass is better?? what is better?? more boom or less?? i think the se530 booms just enough but not too much that it hurts the sound. if the IE8 boom more id call that maybe too much, if it booms less id say it rolls off before the se530 which isnt great. boom is volume, if you cant hear it then bass isnt there because you sure as hell cant feel it.

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 43
Wow!
Unexpected many replies! Really appreciate it guys!

A few of the phones you guys mention I haven't checked out, I'll try to do it tomorrow morning!
smily_headphones1.gif

I was very much tempted by the image x10 half price surprise! I almost hit the buy button at once, problem is Im in norway/europe..
The sennheiser ie8 seems also very temtping, easier for me to get, as its available in my next door country!
smily_headphones1.gif
for way under my budget price, x10 is still cheaper thou.
triple.fi 10 I can buy in this country, for a decent sum, but I'm abit worried about the passform, and Im not sure they will accept them back if I open the package..

My player is a sony s639, so it should deliver good soundquality, aswell as most of my tracks are currently 320kbps.

I find this choosing abit hard, indeed.. Though I really appreciate your feedback people!
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #20 of 43
Ya Hockey, for some reason I can get fi.10 in norway for almost the same as it costs everywhere else, they are for some reason not overpriced! Appreciate it alot!

Thou, to my reading eyes it seems that other cans in my initial post and followups provide the same amount of sound quality for quite abit less in price. sennheiser ie8 would be only 70$ less than triple.10 thou
smily_headphones1.gif

Or is it I'm mistaken about the par on quality between ti.10 and sennheiser ie8 for example?

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while there may be other factors affecting your decision out of those 3 the tf10's is the top can which is why it is the most expensive as well

Unfortunately they aren't very comfortable - i can really only use mine 30 mins at a time...

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #22 of 43
sad stuff about the fitting..
I ordered them now(triple.fi 10), from a firm wich has a 14day refund policy, so if I let them know I cant handle them within 14 days I get my money back, - shipping I belive.
I can live with that.
And it will help me decide, as I increase my experience with headsets, and finally gets to listen to one wich is supposed to be High-end!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by soyama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or is it I'm mistaken about the par on quality between ti.10 and sennheiser ie8 for example?

I would read the impressions posted by people who have actually heard both rather than take the assumptions of those who haven't.

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #24 of 43
well, I have read impressions by people who have heard, owned and do own both..
I would not put weight into words put forth by people who guess what they sound like.

I base my decisions on review from audiofirms, graphs from manufacturers, feedback from users which use both the phones I consider.

And hopefully I won't step into a pile of **** when I finally decide what to buy
wink.gif

As usual, I appreciate your feedback everyone
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #25 of 43
Whatever your choice is, all those iem will satisfy you. It's just the human nature to feel curious and think "what if". The madness start there. At least for me haha.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #26 of 43
TFT has the new comply foams that fit well. If that doesn't work, try the other tips, and if all that fails, you can spend a little more ($120) for custom tips.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #27 of 43
120$ custom tips?
biggrin.gif
You mean molded custom models, molded after your ear?
Not just like small tips, but they mold in the entire earpiece?
Else, that's one expensive tip!
biggrin.gif
haha

Toughnut, I see you have the same player as i do
wink.gif
so then I guess you can relay what the triple.fi 10 sounds like for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice to have people to ask about these silly things
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #28 of 43
Sounds like a solid first step! Try out the triples and if you don't like their sound or you find their fit uncomfortable, you can return them and try something else, maybe the Sen IE8's.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by soyama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
120$ custom tips?
biggrin.gif
You mean molded custom models, molded after your ear?
Not just like small tips, but they mold in the entire earpiece?
Else, that's one expensive tip!
biggrin.gif
haha

Toughnut, I see you have the same player as i do
wink.gif
so then I guess you can relay what the triple.fi 10 sounds like for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice to have people to ask about these silly things
wink.gif

Yes custom molded tips. They only mold the tips, then you stick (push in) your earpiece into these custom molds (just like you would your regular tips). There is a documented thread on here from someone with experience. I had it done as well, averysound.com 9I suggest you get an audiologist to take an impression of your ear). It is pricey, but a lot cheaper than UE10.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #30 of 43
soyoma, the combo work great
smily_headphones1.gif

I wont comment much on the great side but i say that the flaws normally associated with Triples are not noticeable when paired with sony.

1. Recessed mid is not there since the it's quite forward, imho, on par with UM2 but not that smooth and sweet. Only on certain tracks (My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade, for example) the vocalist seem teleported back and forth to next room. Quite funny. It seem like there's a gap in freq. Not really annoying to me as only happen with certain songs. In my case, 2 songs out of 2500+ i heard so far

2. Many say triples lack bass. Hear it with sony and it will change your mind. The bass is very good. Deep, punchy and FAST. It might lack BOOM as in UM2 but i prefer cleaner bass.

3. Fit like gloves for me. Memory wires get the credit as it help a lot keeping the seal. I'm using olive, comply and medium flange.

Hope that help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back