Decided on these two headphones...
Nov 26, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 11
I have had the aurvanas for about a year now. Mids and highs are really smooth and detailed, however, the bass lacks some power sometimes. They are enjoyable to listen to with good volume. Build quality is decent, I recently broke the head band by stepping on them but they aren't particuarly fragile. They are really comfortable, and the padding is good at drowning environment noise out and keeping your music in. They are a very pleasant pair of headphones, if a little unexciting.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
What made you choose those two?

Very best,

My friend suggested the CAL because he has it and he says the mids and highs and outstanding.
I chose the Shure SRH400 because they looked like sturdy headphones and the reviews said they sounded great.

Quote:
I have had the aurvanas for about a year now. Mids and highs are really smooth and detailed, however, the bass lacks some power sometimes. They are enjoyable to listen to with good volume. Build quality is decent, I recently broke the head band by stepping on them but they aren't particuarly fragile. They are really comfortable, and the padding is good at drowning environment noise out and keeping your music in. They are a very pleasant pair of headphones, if a little unexciting.

I heard that the isolation for the CAV are bad. How bad is it?

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 11
the CAL's isolation isn't bad, I have never had a problem listening to them on public transport. The isolation isn't the best though, noise is just muffled, basically unnoticable when you're listening to music but you can hear everyone and everything around you when music isn't playing. I have never felt like I needed any better isolation because the padding is good enough for every day life, however, if you like to feel like you are in your own world when you wear a pair of headphones then these aren't a good idea.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 11
The CAL are supposed to be a Denon 1001? If so they should be a good deal, but finding they are lacking bass is concerning...though i'd never buy them new as i don't support Creative anymore.

My 440s are on the way from Amazon, they are supposed to be one of the best values around
smile_phones.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
The CAL are supposed to be a Denon 1001? If so they should be a good deal, but finding they are lacking bass is concerning...though i'd never buy them new as i don't support Creative anymore.
My 440s are on the way from Amazon, they are supposed to be one of the best values around
smile_phones.gif

The CALs and the Denon AH-D1001 both had the same insides, by Foster.
But outer shell and headband are different.

I found the bass on the CALs to be fairly decent, headphone amplifier might help improve the sound.

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for your input guys. Uhm.. jus to throw it out there.. I listen to a variety of pop, contemporary, rock, hard rock, metal, rock-ish rap.

Also my brother has about $40-50 or headphones and he wants to know if the Shure SRH-240 are good or not for the price.

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Thanks for your input guys. Uhm.. jus to throw it out there.. I listen to a variety of pop, contemporary, rock, hard rock, metal, rock-ish rap.
Also my brother has about $40-50 or headphones and he wants to know if the Shure SRH-240 are good or not for the price.

For that price, here are two good semi-open cans.
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S.
Samson SR850 (made by Superlux).

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 11
I second the HTF600.. A bit of warning however.. You might end up liking them more than what you are getting. The Shure SRH440s are excellent headphones by the way.. I think if you get the SRH440 and for your brother the HTF600s you are getting 2 completely different sounding headphones so that is a good way to test out some different headphones..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back