Decent sound card for gaming
Sep 6, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #16 of 64
The Creative Titanium X-Fi cards can be had for super cheap from newegg. They support EAX much better than Asus Xonar cards. Unfortunately the Asus card is superior for pure music playback.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by gochuckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They support EAX much better than Asus Xonar cards.

Forgot to mention that. X-Fi have some of the best EAX support out of all sound cards.

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #18 of 64
so between the forte and the xtremegamer, which one is better for its price?

i found the X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro for 50 dollars + 6 shipping on amazon used w/o a box but with a manual and cd. what do you guys think? whats the difference between the fatality version and the normal version? just cause the worlds best gamer puts his name on something, doesnt mean the price has to go up like 30-40 dollars (but theres probably better performance)

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #19 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to mention that. X-Fi have some of the best EAX support out of all sound cards.

Actually, how bad is the Xonar?

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #22 of 64
Forte is the best out of all of them. Likely followed by the Fatare1ard and then the xtremegamer.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by RicHSAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fatare1ard

he's not a retard! well I've seen worse at least
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #25 of 64
To note, If you go with the Forte 7.1 you can also upgrade the front channel opamp giving you some options for changing the sound signature or improving the sound.
You can change opamps on the others also just takes a bit more work!

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #26 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To note, If you go with the Forte 7.1 you can also upgrade the front channel opamp giving you some options for changing the sound signature or improving the sound.
You can change opamps on the others also just takes a bit more work!

i have no clue what that means. i mean, i just want a card that will give me amazing positioning in gaming, my headphones have a 10 ft long cord, is plugging it in the back isnt really a problem.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobija /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so between the forte and the xtremegamer, which one is better for its price?

i found the X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro for 50 dollars + 6 shipping on amazon used w/o a box but with a manual and cd. what do you guys think? whats the difference between the fatality version and the normal version? just cause the worlds best gamer puts his name on something, doesnt mean the price has to go up like 30-40 dollars (but theres probably better performance)

fataility has x-ram I think. I've got X-Fi Extreme Music. But if you really want best positional audio, get 5.1 speakers been playing far cry 2 and really helps over stereo.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #28 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobija /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have no clue what that means. i mean, i just want a card that will give me amazing positioning in gaming, my headphones have a 10 ft long cord, is plugging it in the back isnt really a problem.

The Forte 7.1 has a removable opampsfor the front channels. Which means yu can remove the one that is in there stock and replace it with a better model or one you like better.
This card has the newest (20K2) X-fi processor on the card so it should give you what you want in games.

If you have a newer case with audio jacks, they can be connected to this card also so you can connect up to the front or the back.

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #29 of 64
Sep 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #30 of 64
I'd stick with Creative. Although they've had problems in the past (support, customer service, drivers), they are always the best at EAX and sound pretty good.

Personally, for gaming I just use the soundcard on my mobo. I'm not looking for great sound quality, and it does positioning just fine. I use a BantamDAC for listening to music/movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back