Decent replacement for Canare Starquad?
Feb 7, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Mogamy Starquad, Cardas Starquad, DIY copper or silver wire braid, coaxial cables(depending on the use). Search around the forums and you'll find plenty of options.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The trouble is sourcing the cable here in the UK. What I'm asking is whether this cable in the OP would be good enough?

Hard to say. It seems to be targeted to the same application. That said, both Canare Starquad and Mogami (2534) are targeted at professional musical instrument or pro sound applications. I would think that a guitar shop or pro sound shop or something locally in the UK would have one or the other (or both).

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The trouble is sourcing the cable here in the UK. What I'm asking is whether this cable in the OP would be good enough?

Sure, it is virtually the same as Canare, and I might be wrong.....but Canare L-4E6S isn't spec'd as OFC copper. Mogami does specify that 2534 is made from OFC, though.

It's not very common here in the US, but some pro audio vendors here now sell Gotham GAC-4 starquad, and the specs on it look great. As far as I know, that's made in Germany.....would Gotham be more available in the UK than Canare or Mogami, perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back