Death...by the dCS P8i
May 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
My wallet just jumped out of its pocket, took over my brain, and zombified me while it decided the Plinius CD-101 and bel canto CD-1 weren't enough and it just HAD to get its paws on a taste of something completely out of nowhere! I mean my wallet has developed a mind of its own! It is controlling my every manuever! I lost all sense of right from wrong, left from right, up from down! I couldn't stop it even though I wanted to! Look what it made me get!!!

p8i_x1.jpg

p8i_x2.jpg

May 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 34
Ouch ,I'd put in on a leash!!!
Although ... maybe it has a secret mission and wants your best...

eek.gif
WoW

Congratulations, i hope it does you well!!!
How's the "sound" Imminent death of your brain aswell?
tongue.gif

([size=xx-small]Love their button lighting detail[/size]

May 9, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 34
This is exactly what have happened to me too. I don't dear to think of where I will be when I reach 5.749 posts
biggrin.gif

Nah, I am done with my stuff.

Nice player!

May 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 34
May 9, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 34
Well I don't generally peruse eBay. I sift through Audiogon instead on a daily basis and nabbed a wicked-screaming-scorching deal on this at $5.5K! That's what I meant when I said my wallet took over! It couldn't handle the over-the-top deal and when it saw it, it fainted first, but quickly recovered and then took over my brain & fingers! I tried to fight it but it had its way with me and made me jump down the rabbit hole!

And I thought my digital source journey was over....
frown.gif

May 9, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nabbed a wicked-screaming-scorching deal on this at $5.5K! (

LOL. I saw that same scorching "deal" and exercised little something called restraint
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't call ANYTHING $5.5K a scorching deal, new or used. .

May 9, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 34
Sweet man, congrats on an awesome source! I guess your Plinius and bel canto can offset some of the damage
wink.gif

May 9, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

My wallet just jumped out of its pocket, took over my brain, and zombified me while it decided the Plinius CD-101 and bel canto CD-1 weren't enough and it just HAD to get its paws on a taste of something completely out of nowhere! I mean my wallet has developed a mind of its own! It is controlling my every manuever! I lost all sense of right from wrong, left from right, up from down! I couldn't stop it even though I wanted to! Look what it made me get!!!

P8i-CD-1000.jpg

Very, very nice indeed, ASR!

Did you have an opportunity to audition one?

I do hope you fully enjoy its presentation!

As an aside and seeing that it is their entry level platform, you have your upgrade path established
wink.gif

Seriously, enjoy!

And I hope to read your review in good time, sir!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 34
My wallet wasn't even thinking about the future BH SE/OII when it made this move for me. I may need to sell off my dynamic rig after all to offset this cost...
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very, very nice indeed, ASR!

Did you have an opportunity to audition one?

I do hope you fully enjoy its presentation!

As an aside and seeing that it is their entry level platform, you have your upgrade path established
wink.gif

I haven't heard any dCS gear yet, this will be my first sample. The good news is that dCS and Arcam are right next door to each other (and Arcam used a mini-Ring DAC in three CDPs too) so I'm hoping for an uber-Arcam-like sound.
wink.gif

The rest of the dCS line is definitely way beyond my reach, I would need to either save up for like 2 years (and live like a monk during that time) or rob a bank to afford anything beyond the P8i. I think robbing a bank would be more effective...

May 11, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Well I don't generally peruse eBay. I sift through Audiogon instead on a daily basis and nabbed a wicked-screaming-scorching deal on this at $5.5K! That's what I meant when I said my wallet took over! It couldn't handle the over-the-top deal and when it saw it, it fainted first, but quickly recovered and then took over my brain & fingers! I tried to fight it but it had its way with me and made me jump down the rabbit hole!

And I thought my digital source journey was over....
frown.gif

It really sucks you moved to Colorado. I'd love to hear that CDP..

May 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #15 of 34
Now I'm using Plinius 101 + aristaeus + HE60
It sounds really good as you mentioned before...
I thought my journey ended at last...
but...
but....
But this post arouse my curiosity again!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Could I hear your impression about your new source? especially in comparison with your ex-source ( Plinius 101 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back