Dear Todd
May 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #16 of 31
I can tell you from my 25 year retail experience, it was the guys I made a good profit (fair), I felt most like helping. It was always the guys I made no or very little that gave me the most grief.

Although I have never purchased anything from Todd, I can say I have never heard any thing negative about him or his business.

I'm actually surprised a moderator did not chime in on this.

May 22, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One did:

Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the problems with the internet is that it fuels actions like this one, instead of a more reasoned approach.

Regardless of your issue with the "unacceptable" processing time, I feel like it's in VERY poor taste to leave a post like this in a paid sponsor forum.

If you want to leave negative feedback, that's one thing. If you want to start a complaining post in the Member's Lounge, that's another. This is IMHO like showing up in someone's brick and mortor store showroom and intentionally making a scene with the intent of scaring off potential customers. That is exactly the tone of your original post.

I've had several dealings with Todd, and I consider him to be a good guy who does right by his customers. I also understand that he's essentially a one-man operation. The fact that he serves a niche not well served by most e-tailers is IMHO sufficient reason to support his business. The fact that he supports this site with his advertising is another reason. If that were to mean that I might occasionally have to wait a bit longer for something (and for the record, in a half-dozen or more purchases, that's not ever been the case), I'm fine with that.

I also know Todd to be a stand up guy. I'm sure there's a good reason for whatever is delaying processing. Perhaps it's not sufficient reason for you, but I suspect that a bit more patience on your part will be rewarded.

Todd has the right to delete this thread entirely, and in my opinion it would be completely justified.

May 22, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elron-tom did and he is a mod
wink.gif
. As well as the others
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the problems with the internet is that it fuels actions like this one, instead of a more reasoned approach.

Regardless of your issue with the "unacceptable" processing time, I feel like it's in VERY poor taste to leave a post like this in a paid sponsor forum.

If you want to leave negative feedback, that's one thing. If you want to start a complaining post in the Member's Lounge, that's another. This is IMHO like showing up in someone's brick and mortor store showroom and intentionally making a scene with the intent of scaring off potential customers. That is exactly the tone of your original post.

I've had several dealings with Todd, and I consider him to be a good guy who does right by his customers. I also understand that he's essentially a one-man operation. The fact that he serves a niche not well served by most e-tailers is IMHO sufficient reason to support his business. The fact that he supports this site with his advertising is another reason. If that were to mean that I might occasionally have to wait a bit longer for something (and for the record, in a half-dozen or more purchases, that's not ever been the case), I'm fine with that.

I also know Todd to be a stand up guy. I'm sure there's a good reason for whatever is delaying processing. Perhaps it's not sufficient reason for you, but I suspect that a bit more patience on your part will be rewarded.

May 22, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #20 of 31
Todd, feel free to delete this thread as well as cancel my shipping. I would certainly feel guilty to tarnish your biased reputation while stealing $10 from you.

And let me guess, the only reason you have such a fancy reputation is because you remove all the criticisms isn't it?

May 22, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd, feel free to delete this thread as well as cancel my shipping. I would certainly feel guilty to tarnish your biased reputation while stealing $10 from you.

And let me guess, the only reason you have such a fancy reputation is because you remove all the criticisms isn't it?

See what I mean?

May 22, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No the reason he has such a reputation is because of his service to this community for many years.

I have only delt with TTVJ once, and that was when I bought my Grado HF-1- I know within that time period Todd managed to get 400 headphones out to owners in a very short period of time. All set up and orchestrated perfectly; all that work for a measly $200 each. That's an example of one of his many services.

May 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #23 of 31
I like Todd.

May 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See what I mean?

Come on man, if you hadn't quoted him I could have lived blissfully assuming all he had to say was:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevergonnabe007
This user is on your Ignore List.

May 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #25 of 31
Todd is a good guy.

May 22, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 31
Tood is my friend and drinking buddy and supplier of some choice vinyl to feed my addiction.

May 22, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Todd:

You are being too kind to this ingrate and should cancel his order rather than incur a direct financial loss in addition to the larger one he has attempted to cause by his baseless and idiotic thread in your paid sponsor forum. If he were brand new here -- rather than a two-year veteran of the site -- then I might be willing to cut him more slack for not knowing your sterling reputation or the proper decorum in this community. The fact that you sent him an email explaining that your two-person operation was behind due to illness and that his one-item, discounted order might be delayed and he posted this ANYWAY makes my blood boil! This guy does not deserve the least bit of sympathy or slack.

Dear Rest of the World:

On the merits, I cannot imagine complaining, let alone publicly, about a delay on a website order on the 4th business day after clicking send. It is ridiculous. Compounding that lack of judgment by claiming that "This kind of delay is absolutely inexcusable by any standards" and warning future TTVJ customers "to consider Todd's business conducts prior to ordering" is inexcusable! I have rarely if ever had a better retail/e-tail/whatever-tail experience than I have had with my MANY purchases from Todd and TTVJ. Please disregard the foolish and ill-considered comments of the would-be James Bond. Unlike his apparent hero, this person has no class whatsoever.

Dear TheNew007:

Get a life.

Hey you biased fool, you can stop sucking now
First of all, I have only heard of TTVJ last week when I searched through the Markl mod thread.
Secondly, I never knew that Todd had employed only one person. Todd:if you can't ship a single .1lb item out within a week, then HIRE MORE PEOPLE
Thirdly, where's the rule that says I can't criticize paid sponsors? Please, next time write that at the top of every page in 70 size font.
Fourthly, Maher, I hope you keep to your word.

May 22, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #30 of 31
Our young friend has been given a short vacation. I'm closing this thread for now. Criticism is one thing. The use of profanity and personal attacks is another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back