Dealing with excess cable?
Jan 18, 2009 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sabrage

100+ Head-Fier
My cable is about 2-3 feet too long and unwieldly when I'm playing out of a portable in my pocket... Short of a recable, what's an easy solution to this? I suppose coiling the cable up in the middle is the first thing that pops into mind, I'd like to know how you guys usually do it

Jan 18, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 8
I find the same issue with mine when sitting at my computer desk. I just roll the extra cable in to a loop (like a garden hose) and either hold it in my hand or sit it on the desk and usually place something with some weight to it on top so the cable does not slide off on to the floor in to a pile of tangled wire.

Jan 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 8
I love a bit of excess cable. It becomes really annoying when the cable is just long enough. I let the cable just sit on my lap.

Why don't you cut off a little cable and place a nice Neutrik instead?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 8
this...

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 8
like apatN........I cut off the offending excess cable and put on a new plug (which is invariably better than the usual mfgrs plug). It ain't brain surgery.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Aye, cutting off the cable would seem to be the simplist solution, but if I do that then it's not long enough for me to use comfortably with my home rig. I think I just need to fiddle with my configuration a bit more; thanks for the velcro tie idea, I probably have some of those lying around.

Going back to my first point, what's a good place to buy an extension? I may just get an amp and buy a long interconnect, and then shorten it down some.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 8
If you want to start looking at extentions here's a place that makes OFC or SPOFC with your choice of connectors and to length. and extremely reasonable.

Premium Quality Custom Audio Cable Assembly - Milian Acoustics

If you want to save for now you can make an extension out of the cable you cut once you shorten it. just buy a female plug and solder just like the male plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back