DEAL OVER: Brand new AKG K-601 for $89 at HeadRoom
Nov 29, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #76 of 88
Got one for myself just in time. I probably shouldn't have bought one as I've spent too much already. I'm still waiting on my Stax, but for $90 shipped, it was just too hard to pass up.

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #77 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the insanity has passed. Self-restraint is GREAT SUCCESS!

Indeed! Then ignorance is GREAT SUCCESS too.
yay for team broke

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #78 of 88
lol I was late
frown.gif

I believe K601 does need an amp, so you guys planning to use it with DAPs, it might not work... And in case it doesn't, I'm ready to pick up yours... :very_evil:
biggrin.gif

And thank you, OP, for such a chance
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #79 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If not, then I get saved from myself. Win-sort of win.

[size=xx-small]But which is which?[/size]

That's a pretty confusing matter...
Long live team Broke-Fi!! Another great proof of their power
biggrin.gif

It was funny to see the deal fading out in just a few hours; I would have loved it if happened on monday, as I may have been able to get them then...
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #80 of 88
Wow, this is a deal if ever! But the amp factor...the incidental costs would have made them too expensive, so I can feel better for missing it! That, and what would I have done with two pairs of big headphones, my HD555 woulda been left aside.

This here is the exact opposite of thin-air justification to quell buyer's remorse
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #81 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by SundayDuffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it sold out?

Of course, right after I bought one.

Thus dooming me to another k701/k601 showdown. I have the sneaking feeling it will go towards the k601 this time though - I really am not a treble person.

Either way, someone will probably get a nice gift out of this.

Nov 30, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #83 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the insanity has passed. Self-restraint is GREAT SUCCESS!

But only until tomorrow when you'll begin kicking yourself. That sound you don't hear is me laughing.
k701smile.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #86 of 88
What's to be upset about? My order cancelled too. So what?

They ran out of stock and can't fill the orders. Look at the notices on their web site. Never said there was real time inventory control. Or perhaps we should simply ignore notices put on your S2 site? So you didn't take time to read, is that Headroom's fault?

I'm no shill for HR. But I am in business. So I don't have a steal of a deal on a wonderful can. I still have my $89 and only lost about 2 minutes of my life ordering it. I can live with both consequences. And I did see and read there was no real time inventory within that 2 minutes.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #87 of 88
I received the dreaded email not long ago. I was looking forward at a chance for audiophile headphones. Now I don't know if i'll ever get a deal like this again. I already own the Senn HD280 and PX100. Oh well.

Regrettably, the AKG k601 headphones have sold-out and have been completely discontinued from our HeadRoom website as stated on the product webpage for that item. Thus, your order has been cancelled. Unfortunately, we only had a few AKG k601 on the shelf and we received many, many orders for that clearance item. Our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #88 of 88
got my email too - o well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back