Deal Alert: Westone UM56 for 65.00$ and 1.00$ for custom color
Oct 17, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #16 of 18
I wound up paying $115 including impressions at an audiologist here in Philly I got from the Jerry Harvey website. They did Westone UM56. Got the black otoblast material (soft). So I am happy with that price.

And yes, mine do work with the Klipsch S4s, and wow, do they sound good with the S4s and the UM3X.

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #17 of 18
Wow, it only costs audiologists 50 cents to do an impression? In New York City, they charge up to $90 just to do the impression. I guess their time is valuable...

I just went to get my 2nd set of impressions done (3rd on my left ear). My UM56s didn't fit right after several redos--the left one pops out when i look to the right or open my jaw. This time, I put the styrofoam block further back in my jaw, on my right side. Hopefully this will help the tips stay in even while I eat.

If anyone is looking for a good audiologist in New York, PM me. Mine was a nice and intelligent guy who was very reasonable with me on the price--he got me the Otoblast (silicon) UM56 tips in a cool trans-brown color at a fair discount.

As for vinyl versus silicon, this is what I was told: While the vinyl material is said to not absorb as much body oil as silicon and therefore should keep its shape better, silicon (if properly washed) is considered to be more durable and should therefore last longer. I don't think there's a big difference, but it is interesting that some vendors charge about $30 more for silicon.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, it only costs audiologists 50 cents to do an impression? In New York City, they charge up to $90 just to do the impression. I guess their time is valuable...

I just went to get my 2nd set of impressions done (3rd on my left ear). My UM56s didn't fit right after several redos--the left one pops out when i look to the right or open my jaw. This time, I put the styrofoam block further back in my jaw, on my right side. Hopefully this will help the tips stay in even while I eat.

If anyone is looking for a good audiologist in New York, PM me. Mine was a nice and intelligent guy who was very reasonable with me on the price--he got me the Otoblast (silicon) UM56 tips in a cool trans-brown color at a fair discount.

As for vinyl versus silicon, this is what I was told: While the vinyl material is said to not absorb as much body oil as silicon and therefore should keep its shape better, silicon (if properly washed) is considered to be more durable and should therefore last longer. I don't think there's a big difference, but it is interesting that some vendors charge about $30 more for silicon.

He said it was .50 cents his cost. Im a bit shocked he didnt charge me. Anyways I ordered from IAVS and will be sending in the molds tomororw. They give you an address after your order on where to send them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back