DEAL ALERT. MONSTER TURBINE $58.99
Nov 26, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #166 of 195
I picked up a set for $69 + free super saver shipping. Now expecting the Turbines and the DBA-02's. They should compliment each other nicely. 
ksc75smile.gif
 I can't wait. These are going to be a long two weeks.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #168 of 195
They're indeed better than my UE700s. I like that they are clear sounding, but have no harsh sibilance. And I too like the deep bass it puts out. These are a keeper.

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #169 of 195
Didn't expect the bass is that deep.

Dec 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #170 of 195
I am using a double flange tip that I bought from Ebay and the Monsters sound excellent. I was going to return them, but I am going to keep them instead. I probably prefer them over my HJE-900.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #174 of 195
I bought some the first go round.  They've been sitting in the box unopened in my room.  After hearing all the QC issues, I think I'm gonna send them back and buy something else.  I also dont think the sound would be much to my liking.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #175 of 195

Quote:
I bought some the first go round.  They've been sitting in the box unopened in my room.  After hearing all the QC issues, I think I'm gonna send them back and buy something else.  I also dont think the sound would be much to my liking.

offer it up on head-fi, I'm sure somebody would like one

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #176 of 195

Quote:
Quote:

offer it up on head-fi, I'm sure somebody would like one

x2 I'm sure some Headfier would love to get in on the deal if they missed out.

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #177 of 195
Straight although the box printed L-plug.
I have been asking who actually have a L-plug original MT and seems no one have it.
I think only the pro version have the thicker cable + L-plug.

Quote:
J.w are these ones still Straight Plugged or L? I heard the new ones have an L Plug? can any1 confirm this? thanks

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #178 of 195

Quote:
Straight although the box printed L-plug.
I have been asking who actually have a L-plug original MT and seems no one have it.
I think only the pro version have the thicker cable + L-plug.

Quote:
J.w are these ones still Straight Plugged or L? I heard the new ones have an L Plug? can any1 confirm this? thanks

i think those who got it from amazon got the updated box...but not the updated product

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #179 of 195
About the Turbine. I baby my IMEs, yesterday I found out the right ear plug case is loose in between the front/back near the red line. I read it's a common problem and should send back to Monster for RMA. I push the thing in and give a clockwise turn and it lock in position and doesnt seems to whopple anymore. No sure it is permanent or temporary but seems to be fine. I actually find the MT bass too deep and on some music it can be a little uncontrolleable. I listen in day and burn in with pink noise over night. I have been buring in for coming to 2 weeks and the bass is still too wild for me. Last night I use a jazz burn-in CD made by Chesky Records to burn-in setting the volume louder than normal level. Interestingly, the hash bass has improve to level I consider tight with good control. I actually do not believe in burn-in but still play the game. The RE0 I had also became something different over night one day when I listen to it. Very interesting experience.

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #180 of 195

Quote:
The left end cap wasn't secured on my pair. Superglue fixed that. Monster QC? Can not recommend these at $58.

Ditto with my Coppers.  Haven't superglued yet, still trying to contact Monster for an RMA since Monday.

Quote:
Quote:
The left end cap wasn't secured on my pair. Superglue fixed that. Monster QC? Can not recommend these at $58.

hey, join the club, happened to my $370 coppers as well, at that point, I was kinda like, "screw it, imma just return it"

We should make a club..

Quote:
whoelse said:

About the Turbine. I baby my IMEs, yesterday I found out the right ear plug case is loose in between the front/back near the red line. I read it's a common problem and should send back to Monster for RMA. I push the thing in and give a clockwise turn and it lock in position and doesnt seems to whopple anymore. No sure it is permanent or temporary but seems to be fine. I actually find the MT bass too deep and on some music it can be a little uncontrolleable. I listen in day and burn in with pink noise over night. I have been buring in for coming to 2 weeks and the bass is still too wild for me. Last night I use a jazz burn-in CD made by Chesky Records to burn-in setting the volume louder than normal level. Interestingly, the hash bass has improve to level I consider tight with good control. I actually do not believe in burn-in but still play the game. The RE0 I had also became something different over night one day when I listen to it. Very interesting experience.

Hmmm.  Are you going to contact Monster for an RMA or leave it as is with your fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back