Deal Alert! JVC HA-FXC50 in-ears for $4.99.
Aug 22, 2010 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

asphyxiation

100+ Head-Fier
A review of these can be found in ljokerl's thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-100-iems-compared-westone-um3x-turbine-pro-copper-added-08-18

Purchase link here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826126019&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Great deal, especially since it retails for $39.99, I think.

These go at $19.99 at NewEgg, upon checking out enter coupon code EMCYWZX55 for another $15.00 off.
Please note that the code is only for NewEgg newsletter subscribers only, which you can subscribe for upon checking out.

Shipping goes @ $1.99.

This'll expire Aug 25.

Happy Shopping! :D

*I am in no way affiliated with NewEgg, lol.

EDIT: Grammatical error. =x

Aug 22, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #2 of 32
Does Newegg ship to Europe/Italy?

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 32
just received mine this afternoon.
left earbud was dead at first. but it's working again after a few slaps to it.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 32
Bought a pair from newegg and they should be here within a couple of days. Looking forward to testing them out.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 32
Got mine next day from Newegg w/ free shipping.  
tongue.gif
  They sound pretty decent using 1-2 size smaller Monster gelstips w/ the driver pushed all the way through.  I'll have to AB w/ the M6 but they are 2 opposite signatures for sure.  I recommend anyone using the stock tips to stop it, lol.  At $7 I had to buy 2.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 32
Too bad it's not valid for Canucks. They even offer Purolator now, before it used to be only god-awful UPS to Canada. Purolator is by far my favourite courier, along with TNT.

As an OT side, I'm jealous of your new product page layouts, those haven't made it to the .ca site yet.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 32
Glad you guys are enjoying it. :D 1 day left!

@Arguggi: Sorry, I'm not sure if they ship to Europe / Italy, but AFAIK they do not accept international credit cards on some / most purchases so chances are no. ):

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 32
after burn-in, i still dont like how it sounds. the highs are harsh, mids are not forward, but lows are good. not a very pleasent combination.

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 32
My pair arrived today and I've been testing them out for the better part of an hour since.

Overall, I was astonished by their clarity. Not so much that they ranked very highly among my other IEMs such as the RE0s but they sounded a lot clearer and more transparent than I would've given them credit for prior to actually using them. Aside from that, they're rather average. Bass attack and decay is on the slow side but impact is full-bodied. The midrange and treble are a tad edgy but detail is surprisingly good.

In terms of how they compete with my other IEMs based on my short listening time with them, I'd say they compete well with the MEElectronics M9 and are just below the M6 and the ADDIEM as the best mid level IEMs in my collection.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #13 of 32

Quote:
My pair arrived today and I've been testing them out for the better part of an hour since.

Overall, I was astonished by their clarity. Not so much that they ranked very highly among my other IEMs such as the RE0s but they sounded a lot clearer and more transparent than I would've given them credit for prior to actually using them. Aside from that, they're rather average. Bass attack and decay is on the slow side but impact is full-bodied. The midrange and treble are a tad edgy but detail is surprisingly good.

In terms of how they compete with my other IEMs based on my short listening time with them, I'd say they compete well with the MEElectronics M9 and are just below the M6 and the ADDIEM as the best mid level IEMs in my collection.

x2

I hear them the same way you do.  Pretty good for $7.  Was listening to them last night and they were fine, but I simply have too many better things to listen to to keep them in my ears.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #15 of 32
Just received mine a half hour ago. I actually forgot I had these on the way!

Quick impressions using stock tips; Bass is very strong, but kind of bloated bloated. Vocals are blurred. they are incredibly comfortable due to their weight and size, and they are also great over the ear (more so than straight down IMO). Worried about the thin cable past the y-split. did I mention strong bass? I love the impact, but I would consider it slow. Isolation is great compared to what I'm used to. Treble is boosted.

I'm going to look through my assortment of tips and see if I can find anything that sounds better for me. So far, I'm not sure if they can compete with my M6s, and definitely cannot hold a candle to my IE8s, but they will make a nice set of beater IEMs (which is what I have the M6s for, but whatever). I'll have to give it some more time. Regardless, I think these are a pretty good deal for $7. Sometimes I like to enjoy me some booming muddy bass.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back