Deal Alert: HP Touchpad Liquidated at $99.
Aug 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #76 of 107
Got mine today. 
biggrin.gif
 Pretty nice, but laggy at times (like...downloading 4 apps at a time, which is expected)

Might I direct you here, good sir:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/293028-new-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html

My unit is speedier now.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #77 of 107

Quote:
azncookiecutter: was that confirmation from HP........ Cause PC Richard just sent me an email saying that they oversold what they have in stock 

Different situation here in Canada: http://www.hp.com/canada/go/touchpadfaqs/

Seems like everyone who ordered by Mondayare getting their orders filled.

Got this banner on the frontpage of hpshopping.ca too:

Aug 25, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #78 of 107
As stated in my last post, I got my order in by 3:35AM CST Monday, about 25 minutes before the cutoff time where they said they would cancel orders.  They said they would email order confirmations within 24-72 hours.

HP sent me a confirmation of the order a little after 3AM today, 48 hours later.  But then around 5PM sent me a new email saying that they would cancel the order because I placed it after the sold out notice was placed on their web page.

Their site kept crashing on me when I ordered it, and it took 2.5 hours to get past the "VBScript out of memory" errors to get the order through, and at no point did I see a sold out notice.  I beat the 4AM cutoff, and I think they should send me the discounted touchpad when they get enough back from retailers or warehouses to ship them.

Based on the successful confirmation I ordered a $30 HP case from Amazon, and now it's too late to cancel that case.  Kinda ticked off right now.

Aug 25, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #79 of 107

Quote:
As stated in my last post, I got my order in by 3:35AM CST Monday, about 25 minutes before the cutoff time where they said they would cancel orders.  They said they would email order confirmations within 24-72 hours.

HP sent me a confirmation of the order a little after 3AM today, 48 hours later.  But then around 5PM sent me a new email saying that they would cancel the order because I placed it after the sold out notice was placed on their web page.

Their site kept crashing on me when I ordered it, and it took 2.5 hours to get past the "VBScript out of memory" errors to get the order through, and at no point did I see a sold out notice.  I beat the 4AM cutoff, and I think they should send me the discounted touchpad when they get enough back from retailers or warehouses to ship them.

Based on the successful confirmation I ordered a $30 HP case from Amazon, and now it's too late to cancel that case.  Kinda ticked off right now.

that's too bad, but I think Hp's getting more stock today (and so is bestbuy) so I would try and check in then

goodluck with hunt

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #80 of 107

Quote:
Might I direct you here, good sir:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/293028-new-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html

My unit is speedier now.

Excellent. Thanks! I think I'm getting a 16GB for myself if more come back in stock.

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #82 of 107
I think I got lucky here. Got my 32GB from Best Buy this morning on my way to work. Saw a line early this morning at around 6:30 am. Got on it not knowing what, but it had to be good to have people waiting there with camping gear. Found out it was for the Touchpad. I would have liked to have gotten a 16GB, but there were only 12 touchpads, four 16GB and eight 32GB. I was No. 11 on the line and there were easily 45 people by the time Best Buy was handing out the tickets, so I barely made it. Apparently some stocks are making their way to the Best Buys. If I were you, I would get there as early as possible, like 5 am preferably.Some stocks should be making their way tomorrow or Sunday via local delivery at your local Best Buy. The larger the Best Buy, the better chance you will have to them getting some and you getting one.

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #84 of 107
So, I am now trying to decide whether I should sell the Touchpad and use the money I get for it to get the ASUS Transformer tablet. What do you think?

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #85 of 107
If you can get a good price for it, I'd sell it.  If you feel that you are going to be using your tablet a lot then I think the Asus with Android would be much better.  The HP touchpad imo is good as a very basic tablet for browsing and stuff since WebOS is a bit limited.  Once Android dev gets rolling for it if it ever does, it'll probably be great for tinkering around with, but the Asus is probably still much better.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #86 of 107

Quote:
So, I am now trying to decide whether I should sell the Touchpad and use the money I get for it to get the ASUS Transformer tablet. What do you think?

You could probably get away with selling it more then the sale price. Since they are in high demand even a $30 markup will still be a killer deal.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #87 of 107

Quote:

hmm... I would try both out first, even if you do sell the tablet, please don't sell for some insane price like... $250, that's just plain highway robbery

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #88 of 107

Quote:

PM me if you decide to sell it please?  Or maybe you should trade it for an amp or something 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #90 of 107
The gouging is pretty bad for the touchpad right now. Tons of people try to sell them to people who get turned away at Best Buys, those scalpers tend to have 10-15 touchpads loaded in the back of their cars and sell for quite a markup, or so I hear. There's even a story of one guy getting to a Best Buy that sold all their stock to one Indian family. Frankly, the whole touchpad craze is starting to be blown to extremes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back