[DEAL ALERT] $65: Refurbished Audio-Technica AD700
Dec 6, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 34
Great deal who those who need good-dounding start gor cheap in head-fi world. Bought my ES7 ref there. They also were like new

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 34
I've been planning on these for Christmas for some time, and as you may know, time is running out!
redface.gif

Does anyone strongly disagree (or agree) on buying refurbished headphones? I need these soon, and $65 compared to $92 is very tempting...
very_evil_smiley.gif
(especially when Christmas is so close)

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 34
I never bought a headphone thats referbed..but all my reberbed electronics work like new... I think it all depends on how individual manufacture controls quality. companies that has good customer service usually has good quality control too.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #6 of 34
I bought one but called and cancel after reading more comparisons on how it's very similar to the AD500s that I've already got.

I am leaning towards the Denon D2000s now. Or perhaps the DT880s.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 34
This really is a good deal for head-fi newbies.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 34
Quick question - I'm aware of the differences between closed and open headphones, but would anyone recommend the A-700s versus the AD-700s? I mostly use full-size headphones at home and my IEMs on the road, so for the most part sound leakage isnt an issue. Not using an amp and I like to play games and listen to pop/hip-hop.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianhem10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question - I'm aware of the differences between closed and open headphones, but would anyone recommend the A-700s versus the AD-700s? I mostly use full-size headphones at home and my IEMs on the road, so for the most part sound leakage isnt an issue. Not using an amp and I like to play games and listen to pop/hip-hop.

The AD700's soundstage will be larger than the A700's and for me I'd probably prefer the velvet ear pads of the AD700 over the A700's pleather pads. A700 will probably have a bit more bass.

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianhem10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you need somewhat better noise isolation, the A700s would be the better choice. You can pretty much hear everything that goes on around you without headphones if you have the AD700s (computer fans, etc)

If you have a quiet room, the AD700s are great! I'm loving mine =)
(which, I got at $65 refurbed from Beach Audio a few months back!)

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #13 of 34
How do these compare to the m50's?
Which of them is most natural sounding, for use in ex. studio mixing?

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #14 of 34
Yet another great deal that I can't take advantage of because of me being here in Canada...
frown.gif
Would have loved to get a second pair of this as a gift for my sister's upcoming b-day...

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #15 of 34
So we have nobody against BuyDig.com refurbished headphones?

By the way, what in the heck would they "refurbish" in a headphone anyway? Replace driver, I don't think so. Maybe the earpads? Would refurbished also mean that they have some burn in time from the person who didn't want them anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back