dCS Bartok
Feb 4, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #1,321 of 2,064
That's generally not how this works. The dealer has to be great to deal with and be a trusted audio advisor first in order to sell expensive gear, not the other way around.
And offer a discount for repeated business. I personally don’t take much advice from dealers. I guess I’m cynical. I just expect them to try and sell everything they can. Like, are they telling me it’s a great product because it is in fact a great product, or is it because the dealer markup is better on that product compared to another? 🤷‍♂️

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #1,322 of 2,064
And offer a discount for repeated business. I personally don’t take much advice from dealers. I guess I’m cynical. I just expect them to try and sell everything they can. Like, are they telling me it’s a great product because it is in fact a great product, or is it because the dealer markup is better on that product compared to another? 🤷‍♂️
Also they need to be willing to come to your place over the weekend so you can do an in home comparison. Okay, this is pre Covid

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #1,323 of 2,064
Also they need to be willing to come to your place over the weekend so you can do an in home comparison. Okay, this is pre Covid
Where I live there are no local dealers, but if there were, that would be a good reason to chose one over the other

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #1,325 of 2,064
when it comes to dealers I used to really value one dealer over another when I was dealing with loudspeakers and insanely heavy amps etc...needing them to deliver and set it all up and be on call in case of problems...since I have shifted to 100% HP's I no longer really care all that much...I am very price conscious and as long as the dealer is legit and reasonable to deal with I am good

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #1,326 of 2,064
So does anyone know if the Bartok will also receive the Apex upgrade or if the Rossini will receive a headamp?

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #1,327 of 2,064
So does anyone know if the Bartok will also receive the Apex upgrade or if the Rossini will receive a headamp?
From the FAQ:

"Will APEX be offered on the Bartók?

At present, we have no plans to offer APEX with the Bartók Streaming DAC or the Bartók Headphone DAC. The Ring DAC APEX is not compatible with the BHD, and the BSD remains current. We are always exploring how we can continue enhancing our systems, and Bartók customers will be notified whenever we have updates or new features to share."

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #1,328 of 2,064
From the FAQ:

At present, we have no plans to offer APEX with the Bartók Streaming DAC or the Bartók Headphone DAC. The Ring DAC APEX is not compatible with the BHD, and the BSD remains current. We are always exploring how we can continue enhancing our systems, and Bartók customers will be notified whenever we have updates or new features to share."
Thank you

Mar 14, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #1,329 of 2,064
From the FAQ:

Does this mean to imply that the Bartok Hp Dac is different from the Bartok Streaming Dac? I had thought they were the same DAC on the Bartok and the only difference was whether to add the HP amp?

Mar 14, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #1,330 of 2,064
I have the BSD and did not want the BHD. I can tell you that the BSD is WAY better sounding than the BHD...and....of course, way nicer looking without that hideous headphone plug!....

Just kidding. I did not like the headphone amp in the Bartok so I got the non-ha Bartok and I run it through my Woo WA33 Elite. I have listened to both versions of the Bartok and cannot hear any difference.....

Mar 14, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #1,331 of 2,064
Does this mean to imply that the Bartok Hp Dac is different from the Bartok Streaming Dac? I had thought they were the same DAC on the Bartok and the only difference was whether to add the HP amp?
I'm 99% certain that the only difference is the addition of the headphone amp. The DAC sections should be identical.

Mar 15, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #1,332 of 2,064
I have the BSD and did not want the BHD. I can tell you that the BSD is WAY better sounding than the BHD...and....of course, way nicer looking without that hideous headphone plug!....

Just kidding. I did not like the headphone amp in the Bartok so I got the non-ha Bartok and I run it through my Woo WA33 Elite. I have listened to both versions of the Bartok and cannot hear any difference.....
I loved the WA33 at the show. It was the regular version. We’re you able to test and hear the differences between it and the Elite?

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #1,334 of 2,064
Same DAC.
However, from what I've read (I think at the dCS forums) the new APEX analog stage board wouldn't fit inside the BHD because of the space the headphone amp takes inside the case, hence, not compatible.

Mar 20, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #1,335 of 2,064
Rossini User here, my local dealer siad that the Apex upgrade for the Rossini will be available by June. The upgrade will be done locally, without the need to sent back to UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back