dCS Bartok
Sep 2, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #617 of 2,050
I’ve had the Dave for several years, along with the Mojo and Hugo2 as well so very familiar with their sq. Resolution and detail are similar bet the Dave and Bartok but there is much more depth that was breathtaking in just first few min of listening to the Bartok, I knew I had to make the switch.

Curious, how are you running your Dave? Server? USB regenerator? Cables?

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #618 of 2,050
Curious, how are you running your Dave? Server? USB regenerator? Cables?
My streaming chain is still a work in progress, but I now have hard time telling the difference between it and my high end cd player feeding the Bartok, so I haven't done much tweaking lately. I have the roon nucleus to singxer su-6 via aq diamond usb cable, then to the Bartok via aq coffee aes cable. The Bartok with hp amp sounds great, but a descent preamp and amp can improve the sq even more.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #619 of 2,050
Is anyone using the Bartok with headphone output directly with Abyss 1266's? I may be reading the specifications incorrectly, but it seems a bit low on power?

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #620 of 2,050
Is anyone using the Bartok with headphone output directly with Abyss 1266's? I may be reading the specifications incorrectly, but it seems a bit low on power?
Did you see this review which mentions driving the Abyss specifically?
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/dcs-bartok-review-r849/

I think if you spent $10k or more on a separate amp you would get slightly better dynamics and a different tonal balance, but if you want transparency and sufficient power, it sounds like the Bartok's amp should do the trick.

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #621 of 2,050
Sep 14, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #622 of 2,050
Does anyone have any experience with the dcs bartok in black? does it scratch easily? I’m looking to get one and the black is available in 2 weeks and the silver in 8 weeks. I’m inclined towards the silver because i feel it will age better.

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #623 of 2,050
Does anyone have any experience with the dcs bartok in black? does it scratch easily? I’m looking to get one and the black is available in 2 weeks and the silver in 8 weeks. I’m inclined towards the silver because i feel it will age better.

Given how much they cost, if you really prefer silver, then wait for one. I have a silver one and it looks extremely nice.

20200915_083817.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #625 of 2,050
Given how much they cost, if you really prefer silver, then wait for one. I have a silver one and it looks extremely nice.

20200915_083817.jpg

QQ - what do you feel that the clock brings to the table over the “standard“ Bartok?

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #626 of 2,050
Music seems to have more depth, more detail, a bit more life.

Best part is it’s very easy to AB test as u can turn the clock off mid track and the Bartok takes over. You can hear the difference quite clearly on most tracks I have tested it with. It’s enough of a difference that as long as u aren’t price sensitive you won’t be handing it back.

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #627 of 2,050
The Bartok in black is beautiful. I preferred it to the silver color and enjoyed mine for two months. Unfortunately I enjoyed it too much and was so impressed with its performance that I returned it back to the dealer and replaced it with a Rossini and Master Clock - both which then replaced my Linn KDS in my Naim 2 channel system. I ordered the Rossini in Silver due to its carved front panel which I felt was better highlighted by silver. For the Bartok I prefer it in Black.

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #628 of 2,050

20200915_083817.jpg
Thanks. I placed the order for a silver one today. 8-10 weeks of impatient waiting awaits!

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #630 of 2,050
Does anyone have experience comparing Bartok with Schiit Ygg A2? How does it really compare? I only Auditioned the Bartok With Utopia but not the Ygg.

Another concern is that I mostly use USB input, how is the USB input on the Bartok implemented compared to Schiit Unison USB ?
I dont use streaming for my setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back