dCS Bartok
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #496 of 2,063
35k retail... it can easily be had for 60% less.
Wow. You really have some issue with the vivaldi price. Let it go man.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #497 of 2,063
I am sure you will agree there are better experiences than a Dave + Z1R. Not to say that the combo is not gr8, but there is always something better, something to look forward to and hence this fun hobby.
Sure , but objectively the Law of Diminishing returns hits hard way below even that.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #498 of 2,063
Wow. You really have some issue with the vivaldi price. Let it go man.
As this IS a bartok forum... important to point out that a Vivaldi can be bought for the same price as a bartok. Bartok is newer tech vs the Vivaldi and with a FW update should far surpass the standalone Vivaldi Dac 2. FWIW... there are many used Vivaldi dac 2s for sale. No bartoks... should speak volumes.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #499 of 2,063

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #500 of 2,063
Why are you so upset becoz of my poor decision and bent on convincing me of the same.

Let it be.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #501 of 2,063
3 weeks more till my new dac gets delivered.

Do let us know how you like the Vivaldi, I had the DAVE, now have the Bartok, and have purposely not listened to the Vivaldi because I don't want to be $educed!

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #502 of 2,063
Aug 1, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #505 of 2,063
Aug 1, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #506 of 2,063
Hear of google! US audio mart etc. Vivaldi is last gen. Many for sale for sub 15kusd.

The only place I can find prices even approaching what you are suggesting is on hifishark, and they are the scam listings. You have to be careful with hifishark, lots of scams, though they are usually pretty obvious. I've sent emails to a couple of these scams (usually on marche, and annunci.it) and they only accept bank transfer, no paypal. RED FLAG.

Now, thats not to say that getting GREAT deals is impossible, its not. However, there are not "many" DCS Vivaldi V2's for sale on the used market, let alone sub 15kusd. The going rate for a Rossini without the clock is about $16-18kUSD. The Vivaldi V2, on its own, you are looking at 20K+USD.

Now, with an excellent relationship with a dealer and a demo model they have for sale, you might achieve 60% off the retail of a vivaldi V2, but that is hardly the most common situation.

And even if you were getting that sort of deal on a vivaldi from a dealership, one would assume they would offer a similar deal on a bartok, which means it would be about $6kUSD, so again, your argument is moot pretty much.

Congrats to @ajaipuriyar on your Vivaldi, hope you love it mate.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #508 of 2,063
Deleted.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #509 of 2,063
The only place I can find prices even approaching what you are suggesting is on hifishark, and they are the scam listings. You have to be careful with hifishark, lots of scams, though they are usually pretty obvious. I've sent emails to a couple of these scams (usually on marche, and annunci.it) and they only accept bank transfer, no paypal. RED FLAG.

Now, thats not to say that getting GREAT deals is impossible, its not. However, there are not "many" DCS Vivaldi V2's for sale on the used market, let alone sub 15kusd. The going rate for a Rossini without the clock is about $16-18kUSD. The Vivaldi V2, on its own, you are looking at 20K+USD.

Now, with an excellent relationship with a dealer and a demo model they have for sale, you might achieve 60% off the retail of a vivaldi V2, but that is hardly the most common situation.

And even if you were getting that sort of deal on a vivaldi from a dealership, one would assume they would offer a similar deal on a bartok, which means it would be about $6kUSD, so again, your argument is moot pretty much.
Feel free to pay full retail.

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #510 of 2,063

Users who are viewing this thread

Back