dCS Bartok
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #481 of 2,046
Vivaldi is about 9 to 10k usd. Cheaper than bartok. Much cheaper than rossini.... why did you choose that? Seems like a lateral move or even a step down from mDave.

I think you need to go back and do some hunting on the interwebs. Vivaldi is totl and a full stack approaches $100k.

I had a Batok for a month and then moved to a Rossini+Master Clock. It has now replaced a Linn KDS in my 2 channel system. One of the best steamer/dacs I have ever heard

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #482 of 2,046
4) When I heard the Rossini and clock, I experienced a lots of audiophile terms like “you can hear the room”, “ there is space and air between instruments”, “ the soundstage expanded with holographic dimensions” etc etc. for the first time.
What system are you refering to exactly? the Abyss or speakers? Because i definitely experience that with much lower end gear, the most so far with the Dave and my Z1R.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #483 of 2,046
I think you need to go back and do some hunting on the interwebs. Vivaldi is totl and a full stack approaches $100k.

I had a Batok for a month and then moved to a Rossini+Master Clock. It has now replaced a Linn KDS in my 2 channel system. One of the best steamer/dacs I have ever heard
Maby full stack... but this guy is referring to Vivaldi dac 2.... you can bet that for 10k

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #488 of 2,046
I bought a pair of Raidho d3v2 speakers that retailed for 75k for 15k... and the delta between them and their new 80k speakers is small. Never buy Uber high end new.
Wow , makes sense in theory, i guess i just have trust issues and am wary of buying used. I'm curious what the repair costs would be if something that high end turns out to be defective or breaks down after a short while.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #489 of 2,046
Wow , makes sense in theory, i guess i just have trust issues and am wary of buying used. I'm curious what the repair costs would be if something that high end turns out to be defective or breaks down after a short while.
I blew the diamond tweeter of the Raidho a month ago... reached out to the ceo. He just asked me to send it to them in the EU and they would fix free of charge!!! Amazing.

A lot of guys like to brag about how much their system cost when in actuality many buy used and probably spend in total on average 50% less than retail. The delta with speakers and amps between 1 generation is quite small.

I did get a good deal on the Raidho as they were selling for more like 18 to 19 used but compared to 75k... yeesh.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #490 of 2,046
What system are you refering to exactly? the Abyss or speakers? Because i definitely experience that with much lower end gear, the most so far with the Dave and my Z1R.
I am a headphone guy. With TC and susvara as my current primary headphones driven by Wells Audio Headtrip reference. Streamer is Lumin U1 with Roon nucleus as core.

In everyone's audio journey, few components/experiences bring that "Aha" moment and there are many that bring incremental improvements or different flavors.

My first such moments years ago was when I plugged in hd800 into hugo1 or my original abyss into my cavalli liquid gold. Since then many new components have come and gone but this replacement of dave with rossini was imho one such a change that I will remember. Now I know what more is possible from digital playback.

For me, adding mscaler to dave was an improvement but not revelationary. But for many, listening to mojo is an experience they won't forget and is an aspiration.

Its all relative to what one has experienced and where they stand in their audiophile journey.

I am sure you will agree there are better experiences than a Dave + Z1R. Not to say that the combo is not gr8, but there is always something better, something to look forward to and hence this fun hobby.

And again, all this IMHO.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #491 of 2,046
This is a Bartok thread...

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #492 of 2,046
I won't comment on the price and value of the Vivaldi. Its all relative to each one. But yes the vivaldi dac costs 35K, its the dcs flagship and remain so for the next 5 yrs ( according to dcs) which is like 100yrs in digital audio yrs. Plus dcs has an attractive upgrade policy which takes care of their own.

I would be out of this hobby if I didn't buy the best I could afford becoz of worry of depreciation. I buy audio to enjoy music and not an an investment.

Again all this IMHO.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #493 of 2,046
I won't comment on the price and value of the Vivaldi. Its all relative to each one. But yes the vivaldi dac costs 35K, its the dcs flagship and remain so for the next 5 yrs ( according to dcs) which is like 100yrs in digital audio yrs. Plus dcs has an attractive upgrade policy which takes care of their own.

I would be out of this hobby if I didn't buy the best I could afford becoz of worry of depreciation. I buy audio to enjoy music and not an an investment.

Again all this IMHO.
35k retail... it can easily be had for 60% less.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #494 of 2,046
This is a Bartok thread...
Yupp. I was happy to be part of dcs family and hence was sharing my experience with their products. Rossini might be an upgrade path for some who buy a bartok now. Hence i was sharing my experience.

Anyways, back to thread topic.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #495 of 2,046
I blew the diamond tweeter of the Raidho a month ago... reached out to the ceo. He just asked me to send it to them in the EU and they would fix free of charge!!! Amazing.

A lot of guys like to brag about how much their system cost when in actuality many buy used and probably spend in total on average 50% less than retail. The delta with speakers and amps between 1 generation is quite small.

I did get a good deal on the Raidho as they were selling for more like 18 to 19 used but compared to 75k... yeesh.
Wow that's some customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back