DC05 A single ended dual DAC converter for computer, phone or other devices. New firmware and Downloads!
Dec 4, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #91 of 135
I updated to the latest firmware for the DC05. Driving the SR2 without issue, or the Utopia. Great sound. Rather surprising, even if it was 200 dollars.
Exists another firmware? I updated the first linked from Paul

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #92 of 135
Exists another firmware? I updated the first linked from Paul
I finally updated. It is the latest from the iBasso website. So if that is what you have, then you are on the latest but I did notice a sound improvement with the latest.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #93 of 135
I finally updated. It is the latest from the iBasso website. So if that is what you have, then you are on the latest but I did notice a sound improvement with the latest.
I checked. It is the same. I listened mine directly with new firmware. The latest is related with the internal clock, i suppose

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #94 of 135
I can also confirm that it gets warm to hot to the touch when being used. Will this affect the components inside?
No. It should last for quite a while. However, heat dissipation is always an indicator of low efficiency and poorly designed board layout. Even worse when gear dedicated for mobile usage is affected. But you can't have it all at a low price point.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #95 of 135
No. It should last for quite a while. However, heat dissipation is always an indicator of low efficiency and poorly designed board layout. Even worse when gear dedicated for mobile usage is affected. But you can't have it all at a low price point.
? What? Heat dissipation indicates current usage. With current use comes heat but I have been running the DC05 with some headphones for a few hours now on high res and the unit is warm but not hot and about what I would expect. Heat is not a gauge of quality or I would throw out my tube amps, preamps, and anything else that produces heat when playing music.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #96 of 135
? What? Heat dissipation indicates current usage. With current use comes heat but I have been running the DC05 with some headphones for a few hours now on high res and the unit is warm but not hot and about what I would expect. Heat is not a gauge of quality or I would throw out my tube amps, preamps, and anything else that produces heat when playing music.
That response was fast. Even faster than I expected:wink:. Battery power converted into heat should be an issue with dongles. Did not talk about tube amps.

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #97 of 135
That response was fast. Even faster than I expected:wink:. Battery power converted into heat should be an issue with dongles. Did not talk about tube amps.
Right but you are talking about heat as if it is a determinant. The DC05 doesn't get any warmer than a DC03 or 04 and looking at the specs I had asked for. the current draw is less than many dongles. Your analogy that heat means a cheaper devices or ill constructed doesn't really hold water in this case. Right now after being on for a little over 3 hours, driving some headphones and on hi res, 89.6F. That is not an issue.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #98 of 135
Does anyone has same feeling as i have about DC05: it sounds thin on a mids, with detailed, but somewhat forced highs which makes everything sound kinda aggressive? I had to use additional sponge filter inside iem nozzle to tame brightness. Latest firmware 1.8.2 installed.

Dec 13, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #99 of 135
Does anyone has same feeling as i have about DC05: it sounds thin on a mids, with detailed, but somewhat forced highs which makes everything sound kinda aggressive? I had to use additional sponge filter inside iem nozzle to tame brightness. Latest firmware 1.8.2 installed.
Are you on the latest firmware for the DC05? I found a significant sound improvement from the update and don't hear thin or forced frequencies. You can find it on the download site at ibasso.

Dec 13, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #100 of 135
If you buy around november or december, will it be on the latest fw?

Dec 13, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #101 of 135
If you buy around november or december, will it be on the latest fw?
I don't know. But I would do the update anyway as it, to me, a very nice improvement in sound and the DC05 is excellent sounding, belying the cost.

Dec 13, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #102 of 135
I don't know. But I would do the update anyway as it, to me, a very nice improvement in sound and the DC05 is excellent sounding, belying the cost.
Already updated it, but it looks like synergy of my iems with dc05 isn't best. Since i don't have any better source to compare with it's better to believe your opinion on the subject especially considering all your insane list of daps!

Dec 13, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #103 of 135
Already updated it, but it looks like synergy of my iems with dc05 isn't best. Since i don't have any better source to compare with it's better to believe your opinion on the subject especially considering all your insane list of daps!
Probably dc03 is better with your iem. But just an impression because i don' t know you iem

Dec 13, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #104 of 135
attention - parody: You may buy, one after the other, the DC07 (expected by me early 2022), DC09 (...late 2022), DC11 (...early 2023). Each of them, step by step, will lift you "on a whole new level":sweat_smile:

FF_212.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back