DC05 A single ended dual DAC converter for computer, phone or other devices. New firmware and Downloads!
Dec 2, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #76 of 135
Might be because I'm just using apple music lol so I may not be fully utilizing this dongle.
I mean you seem to own some decent headphones like the HD800 or the LCD-2, should be possible to evaluate that dongle with some free hires content. Try e/g Steve Guttenberg's latest sampler "THE AUDIOPHILIAC MA RECORDINGS SAMPLER" https://we.tl/t-V7yzZ8N0Va (757 mB)

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #77 of 135
I mean you seem to own some decent headphones like the HD800 or the LCD-2, should be possible to evaluate that dongle with some free hires content. Try e/g Steve Guttenberg's latest sampler "THE AUDIOPHILIAC MA RECORDINGS SAMPLER" https://we.tl/t-V7yzZ8N0Va (757 mB)
Surprisingly, this dongle performs good plugged thru my ipad pro compared to my Android phone. It also drives the LCD2 to a decent level of quality. It's just not able to hit that very really deep but the sub bass is well enough for me to consider listening to this pairing when feeling a bit lazy to connect to dac/amp.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #78 of 135
Wow, even for the HD650 this dongle was able to make them sound super loud and I can say very acceptable I mean good sounding in terms of overall sound quality. Pardon my lack of experience with dongles but I am really amazed. Can't imagine how better or improved those significantly expensive dongles will be. Tomorrow I'll test the HD800 to see how they fair. But I am not keeping my hopes high with that pairing. Lol.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #79 of 135
Wow, even for the HD650 this dongle was able to make them sound super loud and I can say very acceptable I mean good sounding in terms of overall sound quality. Pardon my lack of experience with dongles but I am really amazed. Can't imagine how better or improved those significantly expensive dongles will be. Tomorrow I'll test the HD800 to see how they fair. But I am not keeping my hopes high with that pairing. Lol.
The DC05 will easily compete, out compete dongles costing 200. iBasso seems to have given people a huge break on the cost so don't evaluate by what it costs but how it performs. :^)

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #80 of 135
The DC05 will easily compete, out compete dongles costing 200. iBasso seems to have given people a huge break on the cost so don't evaluate by what it costs but how it performs. :^)
Yeah performance should be the basis. But I am not planning on trying on some other dongles. Just bought this for occasional use outside of the house. But looks like this will be used frequently at home too.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #81 of 135
Hey there guys, first time poster on the forum!
Just received mine the other day, been listening to music with a smile on my face since then. :)

I've tried it out with my Audio-Technica MSR7 (previously i've been using a FIIO X3II for it <- that lacks power to fully drive it), now i'm using my Samsung S20 (Exynos) + DC05 - the sound is astonishing, its just so crystal clear and dynamic. I've been using the generic Samsung Type-C jack before, but thats just uncomparable to this little wonder. And even for MSR7 i need to lower the volume in the app of it 'cause this DC05 can drive it really so powerfully it feels unreal.

For on-the-go (passing by in the city) I'm driving a little JBL Tune 110 with it (like the mids&highs and its dynamic bass response), and now I can't believe how different sound characteristic this little device gives even to this basic earplug!

Easily one of the best purchases of this year for me. :top::top::top:

To have some even more positive remarks:
- works flawlessly with S20, no hacks needed (I was a little bit worried before ordering it, because I read that previous owners of the older generation DC03 were complaining about the phone not recognizing it correctly) - this model works instantly with S20
- I was trying it with Spotify and Tidal so far, both works properly without any problems
- also tried it as a DAC with my PC - works out of the box, installing the driver itself
- upgraded the firmware to the Nov22 version (click here: https://ibasso.com/dc05/), was easy and went without problems (just needed to connect it to the PC beforehands)

To be honest, i did not even imagine such tools (DAC+AMP for phone) exists and just read about these things few days ago (been reading some articles about this and the SoundMagic as well, but this one came out to be the winner for me after checking the specs and the extra app), before I always hated Samsung (and other phone manufacturers) for ditching the good ol' jack, but now i dont want the jack output to be back anymore... theres just no point to it.

Question to you guys: what do you think, what kind of earplug would be an improvement over the JBL T110 for just carry&go in the city or for transportation, mostly for EDM and electronic music? For acoustic stuff and when i really want to focus and enjoy listening I always have my MSR7, but I wonder if theres anything better than the JBL im using for that purpose.
(I also have a Sony MDREX650-APT and a Sony MDR XB50AP and an AKG, but out of these I prefer the sound of the T110 because of its dynamic bass and detailness - MDREX650 definitely sounds better in terms of mids and highs, but it lacks bass and sub-bass).

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #83 of 135
Any thorough review for dc05? And how it is way better than the other older ibasso DC models?

what makes up the assumption its way better? i think the DC04 sounds better. soundstage and extension being the factors i perceived. i don't have the dc03 anymore but from memory i would say the DC03 and DC05 sound pretty similar, DC03 maybe having a slightly more analytical sound (i haven't had the 03 for months so this is pretty vague).

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #85 of 135
I use USB Audio Player Pro and MQA recordings are recognized and played as intended. Just as they do in my other DACs.
Yes. Was an older post. I know. Finally received mine

Attachments

• IMG-20211203-WA0036.jpeg
    IMG-20211203-WA0036.jpeg
    836.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #86 of 135
The cable seems more solid on dc05. On the other side the usb type c to type a adapter is better in dc04 because, when mounted, seems one piece. Dc05 is hot after few minutes of utilisation

Attachments

• 16385680747225053737776143539079.jpg
    16385680747225053737776143539079.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 4, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #87 of 135
The cable seems more solid on dc05. On the other side the usb type c to type a adapter is better in dc04 because, when mounted, seems one piece. Dc05 is hot after few minutes of utilisation
I can also confirm that it gets warm to hot to the touch when being used. Will this affect the components inside?

Dec 4, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #89 of 135
So far the dc05, considering the range price, is impressive. Forgetting the price i really love the sound

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #90 of 135
I updated to the latest firmware for the DC05. Driving the SR2 without issue, or the Utopia. Great sound. Rather surprising, even if it was 200 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back