DC05 A single ended dual DAC converter for computer, phone or other devices. New firmware and Downloads!
Nov 30, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #61 of 135
Nov 30, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #62 of 135
Is it worth upgrading to ibasso dc05 if I already have the dc03? I mean is the sound quality improvement noticeable?
There is a russian review rn on youtube with english subs... It talks about sound around 4:30, also compares it to DC03.

Nov 30, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #67 of 135
Got this in the other day. Nice and loud, and the sound quality is excellent. Much clearer than many other DACs I've tried.
The wire is frail though, already having problems with it.
I'm also unable to use Hiby, Tidal, or any app other than Spotify so far, even after the FW update.
So the wire is still ultra soft and flimsy, as it was with the previous ones up to DC04?
In the pictures it looked like they tried to stabilize it with transparent heat shrink tube (or some other transparent tube).
- That was a big annoyance, relatively "massive" aluminium enclosures on the one hand, flimsy ultra lightweight wires on the other hand. These unsuitably soft wires tended to bend sharply and required utmost care with handling. Worst with DC03-DC04 due to elevated weight.
So that's a caveat still not improved with DC05-(upcoming)DC06?

These iBasso dongles are flawed. Each of their dongles has it's specific flaws - funnily enough the're all different. DC04 e/g still refuses to run with AMD Ryzen platform if plugged into USB3.0-3.1 ports, even with latest:point_down:firmware installed.
Re: DC04 vs. AMD Ryzen, USB3.0/USB3.1
Fri, 8 Oct 2021 19:30:15 +0800
iBasso Audio <service@ibasso.com>
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
We have reported the AMD CPU support issue to the USB receiver provider. They will provide a new firmware in the next two weeks.
Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #68 of 135
So the wire is still ultra soft and flimsy, as it was with the previous ones up to DC04?
In the pictures it looked like they tried to stabilize it with transparent heat shrink tube (or some other transparent tube).
- That was a big annoyance, relatively "massive" aluminium enclosures on the one hand, flimsy ultra lightweight wires on the other hand. These unsuitably soft wires tended to bend sharply and required utmost care with handling. Worst with DC03-DC04 due to elevated weight.
So that's a caveat still not improved with DC05-(upcoming)DC06?

These iBasso dongles are flawed. Each of their dongles has it's specific flaws - funnily enough the're all different. DC04 e/g still refuses to run with AMD Ryzen platform if plugged into USB3.0-3.1 ports, even with latest:point_down:firmware installed.
Out of all the DC series I’ve never had one cable fail and they’ve gotten a lot of work out. I also don’t have a problem with them running off of my Mac computer or my Windows computer that has windows 10 on it latest version.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #71 of 135
Got this in the other day. Nice and loud, and the sound quality is excellent. Much clearer than many other DACs I've tried.
The wire is frail though, already having problems with it.
I'm also unable to use Hiby, Tidal, or any app other than Spotify so far, even after the FW update.
Firmware update for the DC05 for even better sound, a new UAC volume control and a new Windows DAC driver for the DX160 and all the DC series!

https://ibasso.com/dc05/
Any confirmation that DC05 has issues with Hiby player or Tidal app?

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #74 of 135
So I got my dc05 now, testing with my multi ba iem, initial impression, not so much different from my apple usb c dongle. Although definitely louder when plugged thru my android phone. I will test further with my other iems at home in the next days to come.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #75 of 135
Might be because I'm just using apple music lol so I may not be fully utilizing this dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back