DC/VA/MD 2013 Meet Interest Check! *Moved to Official Thread!*
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #46 of 76
Quote:
would this fit in where ever we are holding the meet ?

Oh my lord, are those speakers? And I have never been to the venue, but judging by the pictures. it could probably fit, but I would not advise bringing such a large and fragile piece to an event like this.

And Tjj ask VVS_75 for an update. The more we pester him, the less chance he has of forgetting to book the event :) 

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #47 of 76
Quote:
Oh my lord, are those speakers? And I have never been to the venue, but judging by the pictures. it could probably fit, but I would not advise bringing such a large and fragile piece to an event like this.

And Tjj ask VVS_75 for an update. The more we pester him, the less chance he has of forgetting to book the event :) 

Technically it is a horn. But yes, in a sense it is a speaker. 

I shall ask WS_75 for an update. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #49 of 76
Quote:
there's a chance a non-head-fi-member friend might tag along with me and bring his Denon AH-D5000 and Nuforce Icon HD. 

'Twill be good to have the old-school Denons on board, especially since I haven't heard the 5k yet 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #51 of 76
update: I'll also have a Schiit Lyr to bring.   

Tax return season is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Actually,one more thing: I have a Crown D75A power amplifier that has a pretty solid headphone output. (http://www.crownaudio.com/media/pdf/amps/136711.pdf) It's 40W into 8ohm and the headphone output is "unpadded, and in parallel with the main amplifier outputs." Sounds pretty fantastic with speakers, and could be interesting, if anyone has an HE-6 I'd like to hear how it drives it. Not sure if I'll bring it or not though.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #52 of 76
Added your Lyr Timestretch 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Having an HE-6 on hand would be awesome, but none so far. More people will probably share what gear they're bringing when we have an official date/thread. About one more week 'til we know!

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #53 of 76
I'm interested in this and here's some of what I could bring if the timing works out and I'm in town:

Senn HD-650 with Zu-Mobius cable
Ultrasone ED8
DIY PPA Headphone amp with diamond buffer output stage & linear power supply (built this in college)
DIY Mini3 headphone amp

Teac UD-501 DAC
Electrocompaniet ECD-1
Musical Fidelity VLink192

Nordost Blue Heaven USB cable
Nordost Tyr balanced XLR cables
Luminous Audio Silver Reference RCA cables
Stereovox XV-1 digital coax cable
Nordost Brahma & Shunyata Python Helix Alpha power cables (also have a budget-level Shunyata Venom 3 & Pangea AC-14SE)

By May, I might have upgraded the DACs though, so those may change (get consolidated) to something more high end.

I'm really interested in hearing some higher end cans than I have as well as amps.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #55 of 76
Just got word from VVS that he is hoping to book it on the 11th of May.  However that is only his goal, he may or may not get that date.  How would that date work out for everyone?

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #57 of 76
I'm interested in attending and May 11 works for me! I can bring an Arcam CD33T and the Alessandro MS-1 if anyone's interested in listening to them. I might also haul in the Bryston BIT 15 (a power conditioner). Haven't been to a meet in a few years - really looking forward to it!

Another question - when does the meet usually start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back