DC/VA/MD 2013 Meet Interest Check! *Moved to Official Thread!*
Feb 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #31 of 76
Hoping this is on a Saturday after the 4th of May, that's the only time I can reliably get away from campus :p  damn CS/IT major.....  I take it we aren't going to be able to settle on a date until the end of February when we book the place?

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #32 of 76
Quote:
Hoping this is on a Saturday after the 4th of May, that's the only time I can reliably get away from campus :p  damn CS/IT major.....  I take it we aren't going to be able to settle on a date until the end of February when we book the place?

PM vvs_75 and ask what date he's thinking. Then, report back here!

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #33 of 76
Quote:
Da5ld all that would be sick ^_^ Wje thanks for the info! Hope you can make it. USNA still have yet to hear those, thanks!

What I can bring:
V-Moda M-100
Grado SR60i
Schiit Magni
Stoner Acoustics UD100
Laptop
A stack of CDs

Yes, not much. I purged my gear :p Which was a bad move, really starting to miss my old stuff :frowning2: 

Out of curiosity, can you still get the stoner acoustics UD100? I am very interested in getting one for a project of mine, but I can't find them anywhere. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #34 of 76
Quote:
@moses667  im really excited to hear the 500's  I've been looking for an upgrade to my hd650's and have been seriously looking at them.  How do you like them with the Magni?

The Magni is a pretty solid, neutral amp with more power than the 500's need (or just the right amount according to the specs). I don't really think about the Magni as good or bad, but reasonably transparent for the price. Offers plenty of power when I need it for (for example) the classical stuff that's recorded at low signal level but pops up into the high volume range now and again. But for low-dynamic range rock/pop stuff, if you don't listen too loud, you can actually get away with the 500s straight out of an iPhone; it certainly isn't ideal, but doable, so the 500s, in my experience don't demand a high-end or particularly high-power amp excepting that you might like a more non-neutral tonal flavor that a higher-end amp could offer.

BTW- When I a/b'd the 650s and 500s at the last meet, I found them almost jarringly different (not better/worse, just very different). I'd be interested to see what you make of the comparison.

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #35 of 76
Quote:

Out of curiosity, can you still get the stoner acoustics UD100? I am very interested in getting one for a project of mine, but I can't find them anywhere. 

Haha, mine just came in the mail a few days ago (took three weeks to get to the states) so yes, you can get them by emailing the guy. It doesn't play well with the Magni :frowning2: output is too high. I really don't want to go with attenuators, so, actually, would you like to buy mine? :p It's virtually mint, I used it twice. No damage, and it will come in much less than three weeks ^_^ It's a shame it's not working out for me, when I crank everything down to where it only makes my ears bleed slightly, it sound really clean.

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #36 of 76
Quote:
Haha, mine just came in the mail a few days ago (took three weeks to get to the states) so yes, you can get them by emailing the guy. It doesn't play well with the Magni :frowning2: output is too high. I really don't want to go with attenuators, so, actually, would you like to buy mine? :p It's virtually mint, I used it twice. No damage, and it will come in much less than three weeks ^_^ It's a shame it's not working out for me, when I crank everything down to where it only makes my ears bleed slightly, it sound really clean.

I would not have an issue with that what so ever. I am building a CD player for my mom by using an old PC so I need a speaker amp and a dac.

How much are you looking to get for it?  

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #38 of 76
Just made an unofficial gear list in the first post. After compiling it, it makes me think that Da5ld is a troll 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #40 of 76
Quote:
Just made an unofficial gear list in the first post. After compiling it, it makes me think that Da5ld is a troll 
rolleyes.gif

Nope, not a troll. But I do intend on coming to the meet so I'll keep watching this thread. I did lurk for quite some time on this forum, and now I'm kind of broke because of it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back