DC, NOVA, MD | August 27 [DATE CHANGE]
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #37 of 81
DANG! Wish I lived closer. From Iowa. But it feels like it would be SO much fun! I hope you get more people to attend. Best wishes to all of you for this meet!

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #40 of 81
Just moved to DC/MD area recently, found this thread. I am going to try to attend this meet, would be my first time attending meet. Any list of gear people are bringing? I have a lot of stuff but I can't possibly bring all or most of them. If I can see what others are bringing, I can probably try to find something that is different or match for people to try and compare stuff.

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #42 of 81
Just moved to DC/MD area recently, found this thread. I am going to try to attend this meet, would be my first time attending meet. Any list of gear people are bringing? I have a lot of stuff but I can't possibly bring all or most of them. If I can see what others are bringing, I can probably try to find something that is different or match for people to try and compare stuff.
I’ll be bringing a bunch of IEMs.
For headphones:
- Sennheiser HD800S
- Sennheiser HD6XX and/or 650
- STAX SR-L300
- Hifiman HE6SE V2
- Grado Hemp
- AirPods Max

Well, that’s the goal anyway. I might bring less. We’ll see.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #44 of 81
I will bring 2 tube amps and few ZMF headphones and other headphones.

Woo WA22
Ultrasonic Studios Oblivion
ooh tube amps... always love to try those. Although looking up the spec, those output power probably isn't strong enough to power the likes of Susvara right?

Anyone bringing more powerful amps? at least 2w, but preferably 4w++ If so I can bring hard to drive HP like Susvara or Abyss TC. Otherwise I might bring Utopia (and ZMF VC? Someone is selling VC above, in case someone want to try my VC and grab the used one above), easier to drive. I have stronger amps but I am not planning to bring any desktop setup, just mobile stuff.

I’ll be bringing a bunch of IEMs.
For headphones:
- Sennheiser HD800S
- Sennheiser HD6XX and/or 650
- STAX SR-L300
- Hifiman HE6SE V2
- Grado Hemp
- AirPods Max

Well, that’s the goal anyway. I might bring less. We’ll see.
You're bringing so many Headphones, and I don't own any of those. Definitely will be interesting.

Which IEMs are you planning to bring? I looked at your review wish list and I saw that you have IER-Z1R and Elysian X listed as wishlist for review, I can bring my Z1R and Elysian X for you to get a sample of?

I also have assorted other iems I am thinking of bringing. Although unlike you guys, I don't plan on bringing too many, never been to meets before and I don't want to be spending too much time dealing with gears.

Aug 19, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #45 of 81
ooh tube amps... always love to try those. Although looking up the spec, those output power probably isn't strong enough to power the likes of Susvara right?

Anyone bringing more powerful amps? at least 2w, but preferably 4w++ If so I can bring hard to drive HP like Susvara or Abyss TC. Otherwise I might bring Utopia (and ZMF VC? Someone is selling VC above, in case someone want to try my VC and grab the used one above), easier to drive. I have stronger amps but I am not planning to bring any desktop setup, just mobile stuff.

You're bringing so many Headphones, and I don't own any of those. Definitely will be interesting.

Which IEMs are you planning to bring? I looked at your review wish list and I saw that you have IER-Z1R and Elysian X listed as wishlist for review, I can bring my Z1R and Elysian X for you to get a sample of?

I also have assorted other iems I am thinking of bringing. Although unlike you guys, I don't plan on bringing too many, never been to meets before and I don't want to be spending too much time dealing with gears.
Go ahead and bring Susvana and Abyss TC, Woo Wa22 (2w) with high power TS 5998 and TS 6sl7 tubes is adequate to power them. Ultrasonic Studios Oblivion can drive my modded 600 ohm headphones with no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back