DC, NOVA, MD | August 27 [DATE CHANGE]
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #46 of 81
I can bring hard to drive HP like Susvara or Abyss TC. Otherwise I might bring Utopia
Um. Yes please. Whatever you can amongst those would be an amazing opportunity for the rest of us to try, I’m sure. I totally understand if you wouldn’t bring all of them, but would love to try any one or all of them.

I do plan to bring my THX 789 amp with my Lokius analog EQ. I’ve found it powerful enough to drive the HE6SE V2, which is difficult to drive in general, but I don’t know your headphones like you do and the power you may want them to have.

To help give others good opportunity to try other expensive gear on my end, I’ll bring my unique Melody MEST (IEM).

Interesting event this is shaping up to be 😌

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #47 of 81
My name is Dev and I think I can make it. I live in Maryland.

Here is what I can bring.
Shanling M6 Pro AK version. 2.5mm 3.5mm and 4.4mm sockets
Qudelix 5k usb/ bluetooth amp 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm unbalanced

IEMs
IKKO OH10 4.4mm balanced cable
Etymotic 4P 2.5mm balanced cable
BLON BL03 2.5mm balanced cable

I do not have an adaptor to convert it from balanced to to 3.5mm

I am very interested in hearing the Sony IER-Z1R and other IEMs .

How does it work for tips. Should I bring alcohol wipes?

I like my own tips, is it possible to add them to IEMs that I am auditioning if they fit?

Do I set up sample music from a playlist for those auditioning the gear or just play it by ear (no pun intended)?

Thanks

Aug 22, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #48 of 81
My name is Dev and I think I can make it. I live in Maryland.

Here is what I can bring.
Shanling M6 Pro AK version. 2.5mm 3.5mm and 4.4mm sockets
Qudelix 5k usb/ bluetooth amp 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm unbalanced

IEMs
IKKO OH10 4.4mm balanced cable
Etymotic 4P 2.5mm balanced cable
BLON BL03 2.5mm balanced cable

I do not have an adaptor to convert it from balanced to to 3.5mm

I am very interested in hearing the Sony IER-Z1R and other IEMs .

How does it work for tips. Should I bring alcohol wipes?

I like my own tips, is it possible to add them to IEMs that I am auditioning if they fit?

Do I set up sample music from a playlist for those auditioning the gear or just play it by ear (no pun intended)?

Thanks
Do whatever suits you with tips and music. I would suggest people use their own tips if they have, as they hop from one IEM to another, but I do plan on bringing extra tips that can be wiped down with alcohol pads (which I’m also bringing a box of).

Aug 22, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #49 of 81
Thanks. This is my first meet of this sort.
I suppose what I will do is make a sampler mix of various music genres anyone can flip though.
I will also bring with me extra tips and alcohol pads as well.
Looking forward to the event.

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #50 of 81
Um. Yes please. Whatever you can amongst those would be an amazing opportunity for the rest of us to try, I’m sure. I totally understand if you wouldn’t bring all of them, but would love to try any one or all of them.

I do plan to bring my THX 789 amp with my Lokius analog EQ. I’ve found it powerful enough to drive the HE6SE V2, which is difficult to drive in general, but I don’t know your headphones like you do and the power you may want them to have.

To help give others good opportunity to try other expensive gear on my end, I’ll bring my unique Melody MEST (IEM).

Interesting event this is shaping up to be 😌
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it, was really looking forward to check out different amp options but Corvettes at Carlisle only happens once a year!

I see that you have the Lokius, how do you like it? I have the Utopia and while I love almost everything about it, I do miss the more emotional sound (enhanced mids?) from my old Sennheiser 585(?). I have used Equalizer APO which works well when listening from the PC, but I need something when listening from non-PC sources. Considering the RME which has a 5/7 band EQ, the Lokius or Loki Max, or a tube amp to get a more euphonic midrange. Appreciate your thoughts!

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #51 of 81
I plan to be there. I will be bringing a Hugo 2. If anyone is interested I am looking to sell it. You can listen before you buy... (or you can just listen). If you might be interested and can't be at the meet, you can still PM me. I will offer a favorable price for members of our local community. May bring a few other items as well.

Aug 23, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #52 of 81
I plan to be there. I will be bringing a Hugo 2. If anyone is interested I am looking to sell it. You can listen before you buy... (or you can just listen). If you might be interested and can't be at the meet, you can still PM me. I will offer a favorable price for members of our local community. May bring a few other items as well.

if its black would you willing to trade for silver :D hahah

Aug 23, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #54 of 81
"I will offer a favorable price for members of our local community."

I'm glad you asked... I would be willing to sell it for $1250 to members of the local community. It comes with the leather (I think) travel case and and iFi iPower.

I bought this from sorrick (whoever that may be... but a local) earlier this year but I find that I never use it... I learned that I never need to take music when I travel.

Aug 25, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #55 of 81
I can bring:

Moondrop S8
Hifiman HE400SE
Moondrop Void
Topping D30 Pro
JDS Labs The Element
Hidizs S9
Moondrop Dawn (4.4.mm)
E1DA 9038D
E1DA 9038S
Audirect Beam 3 Pro

I will bring extra eartips this time.

If anyone would like me to bring any of the IEMs or dongles I've reviewed recently (other than loaner tour units), please let me know in advance.

Aug 25, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #56 of 81
I wish I could make it for this one! I will definitely be at the next.

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #58 of 81
This’ll be fun. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Likewise! What's the headcount?

Assuming I'm not feeling too lazy to haul stuff, I'll likely bring:

Bottlehead Crack Speedball w/ NOS tubes
RME ADI2 FS DAC
ZMF Auteur Teak Original/OG
ZMF Verite Open Camphor Burl Ltd.

Guys, don't forget to bring power strips, as who knows the number of outlets we have access to!

Aug 26, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #59 of 81
It would seem I cant make it as something came up last minute that needs my attention. I apologize as I was looking forward to auditioning various IEMs.
I hope the event goes well and I will make the next one.

Aug 26, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #60 of 81
I'll be there, although I'll be quite busy tomorrow with back-to-school season for my kids. So I might show up a little late and/or leave a little early to manage other things.
I just packed my stuff and will bring

Headphone: Abyss 1266 TC, Focal Utopia (2020) (And maybe Susvara, although I don't have a portable case suitable for it to be mobile, otherwise might bring DC Stealth instead for closed back variety).

I am not bringing any desktop amp, so we'll have to rely on others' amp for anyone that want to try the above headphones.

IEM: Sony IER-Z1R, Elysian X, and a few rare iems that are difficult to find. One idea is given that I saw some people here really like UM MEST, I can bring Unique Melody Mason Red Halo edition for MEST fan to try. And also in my catalog among the rare find one I have is DITAxFinal S.K. (Although the stock cable is horrendous so I replaced it with an upgrade cable, sorry if you want authentic original experience, I might also bring its stock cable, but it is so unusable not sure why anyone would want to try).

DAP: Cayin N6II Titanium R2R module, and Cayin N8II for tube dap. (Although my real favorite is AK SP2K, but I assume most people have heard it since it's such a staple and been around a while). Please bring your own memory card to try your music though, I doubt any of you will like my musical taste, I'm a Japanese Anime person.
(EDIT: All of my cables are terminated 4.4 balanced, if anyone want to try them on their own DAP)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back