DC Meet impressions
Dec 10, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #46 of 59
I listened to that "Champion" CD and wondered why I didn't have it as I have most of her stuff, even on vinyl. That was a great CD. Saw her many times @The Green Mill, which I lived a few blocks from in Chicago.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #47 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shaka Laka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw her many times @The Green Mill, which I lived a few blocks from in Chicago.

Luckey guy!!
tongue_smile.gif
I belive it was Aaron at a NY meet that turned me on to Patricia Barber. Or Ray from RSA.
confused_face(1).gif

While we are talking about music, Did anyone listen to my Jack Johnson CD. "On and On". Well recorded too!
tongue_smile.gif
My #3 meet Referance CD.

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #48 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shaka Laka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listened to that "Champion" CD and wondered why I didn't have it as I have most of her stuff, even on vinyl. That was a great CD. Saw her many times @The Green Mill, which I lived a few blocks from in Chicago.

Listening to this now and loving every second of it. If you know any other similar artists that would be great.

Another fun jazz/blues fusion artist I like: John Mayall.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to hear some nice headphones we need Hirsch, to show up. Great man, and he has all the cool headphones.

The Blue CD was Patricia Barber,,"Champion" My reference CD.

2nd place reference CD,,,Diana Krall "Live in Paris" Being live you can hear the venue, and whispers glasses clanking and good tight bass, if your equipment is up to it.

Ok are you sure it was "Champion" by Patricia Barber? Cause the I can not see any disc release by her with that album name. Could it have been "Companion"?

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #50 of 59
Highly recommend "Voyage" by Youn Sun Nah, another gorgeous jazz female vocalist with really cool stuff (and she's current, so you can look forward to more of her) - it's also an excellent recording.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to hear some nice headphones we need Hirsch, to show up. Great man, and he has all the cool headphones.

Looks like a great meet! I was trying to get there, but had other obligations. Will be at the next one, if I can. I've been slowly reducing my headphone collection, though, so many of the ones I had have found other homes. Still have one or two good ones, though
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1abrams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok are you sure it was "Champion" by Patricia Barber? Cause the I can not see any disc release by her with that album name. Could it have been "Companion"?

Yes you are right, sorry. "Companion" You know what makes me feel like the village idiot? I had the CD in front of me because I didn't know how to Spell "Patricia"

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to ask the very same question he did as I could only find "Companion" but there were 2 other people that seemed to agree on "Champion"!

Thanks!

I think we all went to school together!
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #55 of 59
I just saw, and thought I would pass along, the sad news that MyerEmco is going out of business. I guess they are going to sell all their existing merchandise, and then that's that.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #56 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctemkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw, and thought I would pass along, the sad news that MyerEmco is going out of business. I guess they are going to sell all their existing merchandise, and then that's that.

Just that store or the whole chain?

Dec 16, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #59 of 59
Bumping a very old thread since there are a lot of DC/NOVA locals in here.

Quite a few people would love to have some kind of meetup soon.  ( I would love one so I could help pick out a Christmas gift! )

Anyone around to help organize?  

I'm particularly interested in hearing a few of the bass-heavy headphones:
- ATH-M50
- Denon D5000
- Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990

Users who are viewing this thread

Back