DC/MD/VA meet, Feb or March 2015, tbd
Feb 3, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #31 of 40
As long as it's a weekend, I am very interested and should also be able to entice 2 of my friends to attend.  

I'd bring a Benchmark DAC1, Crown D75A, and a HiFiMan HE-6.  

Friends if I can get them, too, should be able to bring a Schiit Magni/Modi, a Schiit Fulla, an HD650, and a ATH-W1000x. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #32 of 40
I might be able to make it. If so, I'd bring my HD700s and HD800s.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #34 of 40
I'm thinking for fun (maybe) I'll buy a Synergistic Research HOT device, on a 30 day trial basis. I expect it's really just BS, but would be interesting to have y'all try it out at the meet. If it's worthwhile (as if!) I'll keep it or sell it at cost to anyone who wants it. If it's just a placebo device I'll return it. Has anyone else tried or heard about this (literally) unbelievable "transducer"?

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #35 of 40
I'm thinking for fun (maybe) I'll buy a Synergistic Research HOT device, on a 30 day trial basis. I expect it's really just BS, but would be interesting to have y'all try it out at the meet. If it's worthwhile (as if!) I'll keep it or sell it at cost to anyone who wants it. If it's just a placebo device I'll return it. Has anyone else tried or heard about this (literally) unbelievable "transducer"?

I've heard some people say it made a difference.  There was a huge thread that exploded here on head-fi about it.  It was in the Sound Science section of the forum.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #36 of 40
I've heard some people say it made a difference.  There was a huge thread that exploded here on head-fi about it.  It was in the Sound Science section of the forum.
Yes, each of those threads were closed/locked eventually. We learned that one cannot comment on moderation, so I won't go into it further.

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #37 of 40
We could see how hot it gets when shorted across the power supply from my incomplete balanced Dynahi project...... :)

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #39 of 40
I'd be very very interested in attending.  Looking to find some good budget gear.

Things I can bring:

Headphones:  Grado SR60's, Audiotechnica ATH-M50's

IEM's:  Phillips 3590, Steelseries Flux (for sale), Soundmagic E10 (for sale)

USB DACs:  Hot audio USB1 (for sale), Fiio E7

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #40 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back