DC/MD/VA meet, Feb or March 2015, tbd
Jan 30, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #16 of 40
Yeah I was looking at them as a possible work headphone, but I've sort of settled on the Oppo PM-3 as my closed back purchase unless the Audeze EL-8 closed back really wows me. I was really just curious how the two compare, thanks for the quick impressions. I'd also just love the chance to hear both and compare them myself on my own source gear to see which one I might want to buy in the future.

Personally, I have yet to be wow'd by an Audeze headphone given the price.

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #17 of 40
Personally, I have yet to be wow'd by an Audeze headphone given the price.

I agree, I haven't been impressed by any of them so far. The constant revisions and issues i hear about also turn me off to the thought as well as the comfort issues. But the new one looks interesting and if it ends up being good, it might be the way I go.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #19 of 40
I'll bring a stock d2000 so you can compare

To be perfectly honest, I was kind of counting on it 
cool.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #21 of 40
If you can't find anything in Fairfax County you should try Loudoun County :^D

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #23 of 40
Sure. Gandhisfist will also be looking in Montgomery co too. See the other thread also, mmentzel may have a Fairfax city location pending.

I'll try to help out on the next meeting but I don't have the time currently.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #25 of 40
Looking forward to taking part in this.  I have only some HE-400i's and a Magni/Modi combo at the moment, but now that I've got my feet wet, it'll be a thrill to learn from some folks with even more serious gear.  I'll keep an eye out for the final date and location.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #26 of 40
The last meet in NoVa was held in a conference room at the George Mason Regional Library... It was a good size.

I am definitelyintrested in going to another!

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #27 of 40
I'm definitely interested in this, depending on the day and location. I don't have much to offer, but I can bring an '09 Audio-gd Compass, HE-500, and DT880. I'd love to try the HE-560 and HD-650, and I'm interested in trying out an amp or two with the HE 500s.

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #28 of 40
Barry S has reserved a room - here's his post on the other thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/714696/welcome-introduction-for-dc-va-md-head-fiers/75#post_11284315 

"I went ahead and scheduled the meeting room at the George Mason regional library for SUNDAY APRIL 12 from Noon-5:00 pm. If someone else actually comes through with an earlier date for another location that meets our needs (lots of tables and chairs in a large space), I'll cancel the reservation. If nothing else is confirmed in the next week, I'll start a new thread for this meet."

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #29 of 40
  Barry S has reserved a room - here's his post on the other thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/714696/welcome-introduction-for-dc-va-md-head-fiers/75#post_11284315 

"I went ahead and scheduled the meeting room at the George Mason regional library for SUNDAY APRIL 12 from Noon-5:00 pm. If someone else actually comes through with an earlier date for another location that meets our needs (lots of tables and chairs in a large space), I'll cancel the reservation. If nothing else is confirmed in the next week, I'll start a new thread for this meet."

Awesome...

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back