DC/MD/VA Headfiers...meet on Sat 4/13??
Mar 24, 2002 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Hirsch

Why is there a chaplain standing over his wallet?
Dusty and I have been tossing around the idea of a DC area Head-Fi meet, and I'm going to take it on and propose a date. Sat 4/13, 1:00 pm, my place in Rockville MD.

I need to have some idea of how many people are interested, as I'm in a condo and space is limited. On hand, between Dusty and I will be the RKV, ZOTL, SHA-1, along with Dusty's Beyers, the Sony CD-3000, the Grado HP-1, various and sundry other things (a modded ART DI/O or two) plus anything you would plan to bring. If enough people are interested, I'll contact Headroom and see if they're interested in having an amp or two here for the meet.

Anybody up for this?

Note: There is an infestation of cats here, so if you've got allergies, be careful.

Mar 25, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 10
I'd love to come, if you'll have me. Just need to find a way to get out there.

Dave

Mar 25, 2002 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 10
dcg,

Can you get to Metro? I'm about a mile or so from the Twinbrook metro stop. If you're in an athletic mood it's about a 15-20 min walk, or I could simply pick you up once you got there.

Mar 25, 2002 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 10
Well, you already know that I am there, and I have a big station wagon, so if there are others like dcg, I can pick 'em up, too, that way you can stay and greet people. (Or, I can show up early so that we can warm up the RKV, and then go out later and pick up anyone at the Metro.)

Anyway, those are details we can figure out.

I'll be bringing my RKV, and my MSB Tech Link DAC III w/HDCD and upsampling, as I've been dying to compare it to an ART DI/O.

And a couple of choice CD's. Any requests?

Mar 25, 2002 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 10
I live in York, PA, Rockville is pretty close. Besides, It's all Dusty's fault I'm involved in this Headphone thing so I'd like to...Uh...Thank him face to face. (I'm sure my wife would like a word with him too, but I'll leave her at home!)

Mar 25, 2002 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
dcg,

Can you get to Metro? I'm about a mile or so from the Twinbrook metro stop. If you're in an athletic mood it's about a 15-20 min walk, or I could simply pick you up once you got there.

I was wondering how close you were to the Metro. A little walk never hurt anyone, you guys don't have to worry about picking me up.

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by 2 channel
I live in York, PA, Rockville is pretty close. Besides, It's all Dusty's fault I'm involved in this Headphone thing so I'd like to...Uh...Thank him face to face. (I'm sure my wife would like a word with him too, but I'll leave her at home!)

Hey! No-one held a gun to your head and said "Buy Stuff"! IIRC, I didn't even encourage you (to buy stuff) -- to come here, yes, maybe I did, but that's different, this is a great community. But I was hoping you could share your experiences with headphone listening in general, and your Stax in specific...not only that, I didn't sell you my X-CANv2...and I believe your wallet explicitly thanked me for that...

Besides, aren't you friends with YECH or something? I think we have a truce going...

Mar 31, 2002 at 3:35 PM Post #8 of 10
FYI:

If you have tube equipment and no way to check your tubes, I do have a small emissions tester here, which people who come by will be welcome to use.

Mar 31, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 10
oooooh, finally something in the DC area... I am in baltimore, so I would like to make it... If I come, I can bring my SHA-1 (if you want another?) and my HD-600 (hmm, seems like I don't have a lot to offer?) and my SR-001.

I'd like to hear the ZOTL and RKV.

Driftwood

Mar 31, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 10
I'll e-mail directions in about a week to those who post to this thread, or e-mail me privately.

It looks like there are about six of us so far...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back