DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #166 of 197
I think the only thing left behind was somebody's jacket. Other than that, I don't remember seeing a ruck anywhere when I did a quick scan before I left. Hope you find your missing stuff.

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #167 of 197
  taking a long shot here, sometime in the past 2 weeks or so I misplaced a black GoRuck bag that contained my JH13s and Ibasso DX90 - anyone recover this at the meet? Hadn't dawned on me that I lost them until I started packing for a trip last Friday am. 

Anyway thanks for a great meet I really enjoyed being able to hear the Focal Utopia and HD800s.

I was the last one at the meeting room and did final tidying up to get the room back the way it was. The only thing there at the end was that North Face jacket that I posted about right after the meet. It has been reunited with its owner.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It may be worthwhile to contact the library and see if anyone turned it into them.

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #169 of 197

I was the last one at the meeting room and did final tidying up to get the room back the way it was. The only thing there at the end was that North Face jacket that I posted about right after the meet. It has been reunited with its owner.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It may be worthwhile to contact the library and see if anyone turned it into them.

Thanks much appreciated I will give them a ring, I also stopped by a brew pub and so far nothing but I'll give them another try

On a completely unrelated topic: I have JH13s and Ibasso DX90 for sale cheap. Meet me down by the river at the usual place. Cash, small bills.

beerchug.gif
 touche

Nov 3, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #170 of 197
Hello guys, It looks like the event was a great success! About how many people turned out? Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm pretty upset I was not able to attend in the end, but would like to hear about any similar upcoming events in the DC area. None of my friends are into audio, and my wife certainly isn't. I've just taken delivery of a Decware Taboo III and have alot of tubes to roll in it from my other tube amps. Do you know how often these Head-fi meet ups occur? Every 6 months? Thanks you so much to Barry S for organizing and everyone who came. I look forward to meeting you in the future, rocking the Portal Audio Panache, and will try to bring a full sisytem, including a Bryston BDP-1. Pretty great source, I would say. Best, Matt

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #171 of 197
Hello guys, It looks like the event was a great success! About how many people turned out? Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm pretty upset I was not able to attend in the end, but would like to hear about any similar upcoming events in the DC area. None of my friends are into audio, and my wife certainly isn't. I've just taken delivery of a Decware Taboo III and have alot of tubes to roll in it from my other tube amps. Do you know how often these Head-fi meet ups occur? Every 6 months? Thanks you so much to Barry S for organizing and everyone who came. I look forward to meeting you in the future, rocking the Portal Audio Panache, and will try to bring a full sisytem, including a Bryston BDP-1. Pretty great source, I would say. Best, Matt

Different levels of meets happening all the time...a few people might meet impromptu in a small room, a handful can easily meet in one of the medium rooms of the VA public library, or these large meets of a dozen or more (requires significant effort, and @Barry S has found the secret sauce in how to snag the big room). I'm sure we can get a medium-sized room in the near future without too much effort.

Here's a semi-centralized thread listing meets (none upcoming at the moment):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809537/dc-area-head-fi-meet-announcement-thread

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #172 of 197
Hey guys--  I was in Atlanta all week for a meeting (that was actually awesome, unlike most of them!) and passed out before midnight on Monday, so I'll plan on snagging another room at the end of this month. That would put the next meeting in February. That's unless the Urban HiFi space in Takoma Park is a possibility for early December (as per willsw).

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #173 of 197
Hey guys--  I was in Atlanta all week for a meeting (that was actually awesome, unlike most of them!) and passed out before midnight on Monday, so I'll plan on snagging another room at the end of this month. That would put the next meeting in February. That's unless the Urban HiFi space in Takoma Park is a possibility for early December (as per willsw).

I've been quiet on the subject because of how unpredictable everything is opening a store with a staff already busy with running a manufacturer, but it looks like our soft opening at Urban HiFi will be this week and regardless of the date of our official opening, I'd like to host a meet at the end of this month or early December. I've contacted a few manufacturers to possibly get some demo gear, and the good part about that is that you'd still be able to come by to listen to it even if you missed the meet. I'll update as I get responses. The one thing I'm not sure about is how many table spots we'll have for setting up gear. I think we'll manage a fair amount, and I'll update on that as well. Any consensus on whether the last weekend of this month or the first of December would be preferred?

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #174 of 197
Congratulations willsw and Urban HiFi.  The store's in a fun neighborhood (other than parking).  

It will be nice not having to count on library meeting room schedules.  Also, glad my 100 mile commute will be cut in half.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back