DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #181 of 197
First weekend in December is good. We can reserve spots ahead of time, if space is limited. Once we confirm the date, I'll start a new thread and we can work out the details.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #184 of 197
First week of Dec. sounds good. I'll be there (that is, if there's still space)...

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #185 of 197
Anything past next week in November starts to become busy. Early December is definitely my choice too.

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #186 of 197
  FWIW... I have lots of folding tables that I can bring, but your wording suggests that you are limited by floors space rather than tables.

As many people can come as they'd like, and hopefully we'll have adequate table space to let everyone set up anything they bring. I've been under the weather this week, but in the next two days should be able to find some time to take a look at what we've got tabletop-wise and give a footage estimate. For those really wanting close listening, we also have the basement, with basement-height ceilings. 

It looks like Zach at ZMF is going to get us a demo model of each of his new headphones, which I'm excited to hear again after a short audition at RMAF. We'll also have several iBasso products to try out, possibly including some new releases. I'll also set up a MicroZOTL2 with the Fern & Roby Montrose turntable and their Maverick Phono Stage, and we may have other turntables to listen to, so bring your reference vinyl! During the meet the speakers will probably be blocked, but if anyone wants to stick around once it starts emptying out and listen to some of the speakers, that is also an option. 

I'll put it on the calendar as officially the first weekend of December. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #194 of 197
Is there anyway to make this on Sunday December 4th? I can't make Saturdays.

I'm dying to try the OMNI in cherry and blackwood or bocote to compare. I can bring a Decware Taboo iii if this is on a Sunday.

I'd also like to lock down a date.  Sunday sounds good to me, @willsw?

I'd also vote for Sunday, but either day is okay.

Either Saturday or Sunday works for me and the store, so whatever more people prefer is easily accommodated. @doukhobar, Zach is probably just sending the Eikon and the Atticus for the meet, since he's not coming, but we always have an Omni in wenge at the shop, which is closer to blackwood, I think, as far as characteristics as a wood, and you're welcome to stop by any time to listen to them. The Taboo is the perfect amp to listen to them on, as that's one he always brings to meets. 

No final word on whether I'll be able to get a demo Holo Audio Spring DAC for the meet, but Tim and Dawn at Kitsune are trying to make it happen. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back